Gibson Brands Forums

Looking for some info on this Epi

Hey there folks!

So a friend of mine gave me his old guitar, it turned out to be an Epiphone. It's all good and all, I just want to see when it was manufactured and where. Maybe model as well.

Serial number: S9317504.

I have tried using guitardaterproject.com but didn't seem to work :/

Thanks for any help

photos:

Nice looking Sheri!!!! My previous info still stands.

Johnny

Thanks!

She still needs work, I want to fix the paint, clean and shine the metal, and need to fix volume control wiring :D I will tern her into a project. The question is, what is the model of the guitar? I have no clue unfortunately.

Plus one thing bothers me, it says gibson on the thrust rod cover

Thanks!

She still needs work, I want to fix the paint, clean and shine the metal, and need to fix volume control wiring :D I will tern her into a project. The question is, what is the model of the guitar? I have no clue unfortunately.

Plus one thing bothers me, it says gibson on the thrust rod cover

It's an Epiphone Sheraton. Like this (link is to a newer version).

https://www.long-mcquade.com/61489/Guitars/Electric/Epiphone/Sheraton_II_Pro_-_Wine_Red.htm?ref=suggestive-search

Epiphone used the Gibson truss rod covers until sometime in the mid/late 2000's I believe. I'm a fan of just cleaning the grime and gunk and leaving the patina.

Good luck with your project.

It's an Epiphone Sheraton. Like this (link is to a newer version).

https://www.long-mcquade.com/61489/Guitars/Electric/Epiphone/Sheraton_II_Pro_-_Wine_Red.htm?ref=suggestive-search

Epiphone used the Gibson truss rod covers until sometime in the mid/late 2000's I believe. I'm a fan of just cleaning the grime and gunk and leaving the patina.

Good luck with your project.

Thanks a lot!

Archived