Gibson Brands Forums

Damage avoidance

olie

Lately I've seen a number of stories of damage caused by open cases falling shut on top of previously pristine guitar tops. The culprit(s) is (are) the little metal thingies that slot into the bottom receptacles.It would seem that (not that this happens every day, or anything)if some little covers were attached to the pointy culprits, at least the damage would be minimized. I'm not an inventor and I'm certainly not an entrepreneur but surely this occasional occurence could be made to be a much lesser disaster for others to avoid. It shouldn't cost an arm and a leg to provide a bit of insurance,could it? It's colder than hell(?) where I live and I'm bored,O.K.?

The least expensive way to go would be to get a spider monkey, and train him to watch out for your guitars, particularly when they are resting haphazardly in open cases.

Spider monkeys are relatively intelligent and cheerful creatures, and they don't eat much.

On the down side, they do tend to want to masturbate in front of company, and they fling feces at people they don't like, but that's not a very tall price to pay for safeguarding your guitars.

Just a thought.

[unsure]

maxresdefault.jpg

Hiscox cases are designed so that can't happen and are well worth their cost for the extra protection they offer when you travel. However, this seems like a really minor risk compared to other ways you can damage a guitar. ;)

My middle son, when 10 or so, without my knowledge, took my LG1 out of the case. When he put it back, it was not all the way in and the lid fell (one of those brown, light cardboard faux alligator cases) and that little metal tab took a divot out of the upper bout. Only real damage on that puppy before and since. He's still outo f the will.

Since then, I've taken those metal snap closures off and replaced them with velcro on all my cases.

Nope. Not really.

Not manly enough: I use two bungee cords and some duct tape.

The least expensive way to go would be to get a spider monkey, and train him to watch out for your guitars, particularly when they are resting haphazardly in open cases.

Spider monkeys are relatively intelligent and cheerful creatures, and they don't eat much.

On the down side, they do tend to want to masturbate in front of company, and they fling feces at people they don't like, but that's not a very tall price to pay for safeguarding your guitars.

Just a thought.

[unsure]

Yup-fer sure.

maxresdefault.jpg

Archived