Gibson Brands Forums: 2014 Melody Maker - Gibson Brands Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2014 Melody Maker

#1 User is offline   Dave1963 

  • Cynical old git
  • Group: All Access
  • Posts: 261
  • Joined: 25-December 17
  • LocationLeicestershire UK

Posted 16 January 2018 - 02:17 PM

Considering one I have seen for £440.00/$600.00 in mint condition. Looks nice. Does anybody have any thoughts? I have an ES335 and a LP Traditional, but like the idea of a "real" USA Gibson for jamming with at open mic nights etc. This is the 120 anniversary with nitro finish and P90's in satin TV yellow. I havent seen any others for sale to compare.

This post has been edited by Dave1963: 16 January 2018 - 02:18 PM

"I don't know where I'm going from here, but I promise it won't be boring" - David Bowie
0

#2 User is offline   FZ Fan 

  • Did A Vehicle Come From Somewhere Out There
  • Group: All Access
  • Posts: 7821
  • Joined: 15-October 13
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 16 January 2018 - 03:16 PM

View PostDave1963, on 16 January 2018 - 02:17 PM, said:

Considering one I have seen for 440.00/$600.00 in mint condition. Looks nice. Does anybody have any thoughts? I have an ES335 and a LP Traditional, but like the idea of a "real" USA Gibson for jamming with at open mic nights etc. This is the 120 anniversary with nitro finish and P90's in satin TV yellow. I havent seen any others for sale to compare.


Is your ES-335 and LP Trad "fake"?
0

#3 User is offline   Dave1963 

  • Cynical old git
  • Group: All Access
  • Posts: 261
  • Joined: 25-December 17
  • LocationLeicestershire UK

Posted 16 January 2018 - 03:25 PM

Nope. As is Memphis '63 and the Trad is a 2012. Both gorgeous, but not really built for thrashing down the local pub....Sorry, looks misleading in the OP

This post has been edited by Dave1963: 16 January 2018 - 03:26 PM

"I don't know where I'm going from here, but I promise it won't be boring" - David Bowie
0

#4 User is offline   FZ Fan 

  • Did A Vehicle Come From Somewhere Out There
  • Group: All Access
  • Posts: 7821
  • Joined: 15-October 13
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 16 January 2018 - 05:27 PM

View PostDave1963, on 16 January 2018 - 03:25 PM, said:

Nope. As is Memphis '63 and the Trad is a 2012. Both gorgeous, but not really built for thrashing down the local pub....Sorry, looks misleading in the OP


I thought so, just checking.
0

#5 User is offline   Mr. Gibson 

  • Father Paranoia
  • Group: All Access
  • Posts: 2453
  • Joined: 17-November 14
  • LocationFlat earth

Posted 16 January 2018 - 07:44 PM

Dave1963 said:

1516133875[/url]' post='1909784']
Considering one I have seen for 440.00/$600.00 in mint condition. Looks nice. Does anybody have any thoughts? I have an ES335 and a LP Traditional, but like the idea of a "real" USA Gibson for jamming with at open mic nights etc. This is the 120 anniversary with nitro finish and P90's in satin TV yellow. I havent seen any others for sale to compare.


https://imgur.com/a/4M08Q
This forum is possessed and needs an exorcism
0

#6 User is offline   merciful-evans 

  • upstanding member
  • Group: All Access
  • Posts: 3636
  • Joined: 28-May 15
  • LocationPortsmouth UK

Posted 17 January 2018 - 05:13 AM

10 years ago a new one in uk could be had for 249 (Dolphin Music)

Here's a 2nd hand one

http://www.gumtree.c...rade/1280954719


Here is a new one for less than 400

http://www.amazon.co...B01LRWJPPU?th=1
I sometimes think; therefore I am intermittent
*
my band BLOWN OUT
0

#7 User is offline   Dave1963 

  • Cynical old git
  • Group: All Access
  • Posts: 261
  • Joined: 25-December 17
  • LocationLeicestershire UK

Posted 17 January 2018 - 05:21 AM

View PostMr. Gibson, on 16 January 2018 - 07:44 PM, said:



Nice!
"I don't know where I'm going from here, but I promise it won't be boring" - David Bowie
0

#8 User is offline   Dave1963 

  • Cynical old git
  • Group: All Access
  • Posts: 261
  • Joined: 25-December 17
  • LocationLeicestershire UK

Posted 17 January 2018 - 05:22 AM

View Postmerciful-evans, on 17 January 2018 - 05:13 AM, said:

10 years ago a new one in uk could be had for 249 (Dolphin Music)

Here's a 2nd hand one

http://www.gumtree.c...rade/1280954719


Here is a new one for less than 400

http://www.amazon.co...B01LRWJPPU?th=1


The second hand one looks OK. The TV one I have been looking at is obviously overpriced.

Thanks...
"I don't know where I'm going from here, but I promise it won't be boring" - David Bowie
0

#9 User is offline   FZ Fan 

  • Did A Vehicle Come From Somewhere Out There
  • Group: All Access
  • Posts: 7821
  • Joined: 15-October 13
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 17 January 2018 - 08:32 AM

What about a nice used SG Special. They are nice, light and RAWK. I have one and love it. They are not to expensive for a used one.
0

#10 User is offline   Dave1963 

  • Cynical old git
  • Group: All Access
  • Posts: 261
  • Joined: 25-December 17
  • LocationLeicestershire UK

Posted 17 January 2018 - 02:25 PM

View PostFZ Fan, on 17 January 2018 - 08:32 AM, said:

What about a nice used SG Special. They are nice, light and RAWK. I have one and love it. They are not to expensive for a used one.


I had one and like a numpty sold it.....Big mistake, but I guess we all go there at some point? I just liked the look of this particular edition, with twin P90's. I will stop being so impulsive and shop around
"I don't know where I'm going from here, but I promise it won't be boring" - David Bowie
0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users