Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone EJ200

dustyleaf

I'm thinking of buying an Epiphone EJ200. The ones I'm looking at are a 2012 made in Indonesia model with a solid top & a K&K passive pickup installed. The other is a 2007 made in Korea model. The owner isn't sure if it has a solid top or not. He sent me a picture of the sound hole on request but it's hard to tell because of the finish. I'll attach pictures. Anyone know if the 2007 made in Korea models had a solid top or not? Also, anyone ever have this guitar? How did you like it?

post-86502-064754100 1516284962_thumb.jpg

post-86502-050555200 1516284973_thumb.jpg

I heard a band last weekend and the lead guy was playing one. It sounded pretty good plugged in. Of course side by side with a Gibson model you can really tell the difference. I've noticed a few guys using them for bar gigs though and they always sounded decent.

I'd be more inclined to go with the one made in Korea. I have a few Korean built Guitars & all of them are excellent build quality.

I went thru a few Indonesian Fender Squier Jazzmasters all of them had really poor QC.. I ended up returning all of them & buying a USA Jazzmaster which is excellent.

Archived