Gibson Brands Forums: Truss Rod Covers - Gibson Brands Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Truss Rod Covers Is there a market for any of these?

#1 User is offline   AAlexander 

• Group: All Access

Posted 18 January 2018 - 02:44 PM

Hi Everyone,

I was recently given a bunch of boxes of mixed Gibson Parts parts to sell online for our store, bought off a pallet from the Kalamazoo Factory in the 80's when they were moving stuff to Nashville and I have no idea what the market is for some of this stuff. So for starters, can anyone give me an idea if people are even looking for truss rod covers from the 70's-80's?

Attached File  P1130440 (800x450).jpg (273.63K)
Number of downloads: 6

I've sold a couple of these but don't really have an idea how rare some are or if some of these have any value at all. I also got a bunch of NOS circa 70's-80's both PAF and non PAF pickups, bridges, pots both single and part of harnesses, switches, screws, and other stuff I am still diving into. If anyone has any info at all on particular parts from 70's- early 80's, certain years to watch out for, or anything really about parts from this era please help me out. Or at least help point me to a source of this type of info, I am wasting a lot of time researching a part that winds up being from some guitar model that was only made for a few years and barely sold (and still no one seems to want). Gibson got kinda funky in this era. I know this is a very broad inquiry but any help would be appreciated. I am at a loss for some of this.

-Adam-

#2 User is offline   FZ Fan 

• Nanook Rubs It
  • Group: All Access
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 19 January 2018 - 08:50 AM

View PostAAlexander, on 18 January 2018 - 02:44 PM, said:

Hi Everyone,

I was recently given a bunch of boxes of mixed Gibson Parts parts to sell online for our store, bought off a pallet from the Kalamazoo Factory in the 80's when they were moving stuff to Nashville and I have no idea what the market is for some of this stuff. So for starters, can anyone give me an idea if people are even looking for truss rod covers from the 70's-80's?

Attachment P1130440 (800x450).jpg

I've sold a couple of these but don't really have an idea how rare some are or if some of these have any value at all. I also got a bunch of NOS circa 70's-80's both PAF and non PAF pickups, bridges, pots both single and part of harnesses, switches, screws, and other stuff I am still diving into. If anyone has any info at all on particular parts from 70's- early 80's, certain years to watch out for, or anything really about parts from this era please help me out. Or at least help point me to a source of this type of info, I am wasting a lot of time researching a part that winds up being from some guitar model that was only made for a few years and barely sold (and still no one seems to want). Gibson got kinda funky in this era. I know this is a very broad inquiry but any help would be appreciated. I am at a loss for some of this.

-Adam-

I bought a LP Trad Pro II body and neck stripped from Reverb and it did not come with one. I wanted one that said Traditional. So I got on ebay and bought one. Paid maybe $10 or so. So, yes, but I certainly don't think they will move quick or you may not make a great deal of money from them, but I am sure you can sell one now and again.

This post has been edited by FZ Fan: 19 January 2018 - 08:51 AM

1995 - Fender American Standard Jazz Bass with Rio Grande Pickups and a Warmoth Jazz Bass Neck
1997 - Fender American Standard Tele with Rio Grande Pickups
2000 - Gibson SG Special
2003 - Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat with Rio Grande Pickups and a Warmoth Strat Neck
2009 - Gibson BB King "Lucille" Signature Model
2009 - Kala KA-T Tenor Ukulele
2011 - Martin D-28

2014 - Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II with Lindy Fralin Pure PAF's
2014 - Martin D-18

Fender Deville 60 Watt Combo Guitar Amp

Fender Blues Jr. 15 Watt Como Guitar Amp with a Weber Speaker
Mesa Transatlantc TA-15 Head 5W/15W/25W Switchable
Egnater Tweaker 40 Watt Combo Guitar Amp (On Loan To My Son)

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Extension Cab with a Weber Speaker
Acoustic B100 Amp 100 Watt Bass Combo Amp
Orange CrushPiX CRL20 20 Watt Guitar Amp

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users