Gibson Brands Forums

Truss Rod Covers

AAlexander

Hi Everyone,

I was recently given a bunch of boxes of mixed Gibson Parts parts to sell online for our store, bought off a pallet from the Kalamazoo Factory in the 80's when they were moving stuff to Nashville and I have no idea what the market is for some of this stuff. So for starters, can anyone give me an idea if people are even looking for truss rod covers from the 70's-80's?

post-89589-045301500 1516307863_thumb.jpg

I've sold a couple of these but don't really have an idea how rare some are or if some of these have any value at all. I also got a bunch of NOS circa 70's-80's both PAF and non PAF pickups, bridges, pots both single and part of harnesses, switches, screws, and other stuff I am still diving into. If anyone has any info at all on particular parts from 70's- early 80's, certain years to watch out for, or anything really about parts from this era please help me out. Or at least help point me to a source of this type of info, I am wasting a lot of time researching a part that winds up being from some guitar model that was only made for a few years and barely sold (and still no one seems to want). Gibson got kinda funky in this era. I know this is a very broad inquiry but any help would be appreciated. I am at a loss for some of this.

-Adam-

• 1 month later...

I bought a bunch of pickguards and such after the big Kalamazoo auction in '85 or so. Must have been 40 or 50. I probably should have just buried them in the attic for 30 years but instead I cut them up for projects. So if anyone is looking for a left handed triple pickup SG Custom guard, I can attest that there is one less in the world by my hands. I also bought about 50 pearl Epiphone logos. No idea where they went.

There was one seller on ebay in MI who was selling old neck blanks and misc parts. They seem to have finally culled everything.

If I had that lot of truss rod covers, I'd put them on ebay one at a time with an opening bid of $9.99 and take my chances.

As to the rest of the parts, if you have part numbers, I might be able to help, as I have a part number list from 1985.

And as to any 'dibs', I'd like to claim the black/red MK81 cover in the upper right.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

So just an update I have actually been selling some of these through ebay and reverb and some have been going for $20 and a few up to $45 and on occasion a buyer has given me some information on some of the more obscure ones which has been cool. A noticed some interest in a couple of these in the previous responses so if you don't see a listing for one you want on ebay than I can make one, haven't got all of these listed yet and some have sold and I need to relist. Appreciate the input. Also side note if anyone could point me in a direction to figure out exactly what these two (I guess chokes) are and what Gibson would have been putting them in circa the 70's 80's. Any help would be appreciated, I'll try to find a proper forum to ask this in too.post-89589-009465400 1520543277_thumb.jpgpost-89589-016150000 1520543282_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...

Dude!

I don’t know what model it is but I’d be interested in “the grabber”

It looks like Epiphone screw spacing.

Whatcha want for it?

Edit: it’s a 70’s Gibson Bass!

I’m hoping it would fit my Wilshire...

Edited by AngelDeVille