Gibson Brands Forums

Should I?

JAC

Why not? You can always change it back at anytime. :)

Are you 100% sure of that, M-E?......eusa_think.gif......

There have been several changes to the way the forum 'works' recently, of course, so my info might be well out of date but a couple of years ago there were definite time and frequency limits to how soon various personal bits of information could be changed. I know because one day, for a giggle (there was a running joke at the time) I changed my username from pippy to pippy.Pippy-pippy. or somesuch nonsense and couldn't change it back for six months...

It might be different now and it might be different for avatars - I don't know for sure - but I wouldn't just assume things can be changed around willy-nilly...

Pip.

I'm having problems putting on a new avatar. I took out the old one and now it is gone. I'm using the same camera etc. I could use help putting in new avatar picture. It says it is too large. There is some kind of function deal on here which allows for it, even if it is supposed too large. This is cheesy if you ask me. I'm going to keep trying with this.

I'm having problems putting on a new avatar. I took out the old one and now it is gone. I'm using the same camera etc. I could use help putting in new avatar picture. It says it is too large. There is some kind of function deal on here which allows for it, even if it is supposed too large. This is cheesy if you ask me. I'm going to keep trying with this.

There is obviously a size restriction on pictures that are stored onsite.

If you dont have software to change file/picture size such as PhotoShop, there are online options. Here is one I just found. I dont know if its any good. I never used it. But worth a look if you're stuck

https://www.reduceimages.com/

Are you 100% sure of that, M-E?......eusa_think.gif......

There have been several changes to the way the forum 'works' recently, of course, so my info might be well out of date but a couple of years ago there were definite time and frequency limits to how soon various personal bits of information could be changed. I know because one day, for a giggle (there was a running joke at the time) I changed my username from pippy to pippy.Pippy-pippy. or somesuch nonsense and couldn't change it back for six months...

It might be different now and it might be different for avatars - I don't know for sure - but I wouldn't just assume things can be changed around willy-nilly...

Pip.

He said "willy nilly" [biggrin]

Archived