Gibson Brands Forums: Planning a trip the The Netherlands - Gibson Brands Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Planning a trip the The Netherlands What to do other that coffee shop?

#1 User is offline   FZ Fan 

• Jumbo Go Away
  • Group: All Access
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 19 January 2018 - 09:20 AM

Sorry this is in English. I am planning on going to NED with my wife, her uncle and his girlfriend for a vacation in October. What is the weather like then. We have legal marijuana in some states in the USA so for me that is not a big draw as it is for some people. I want to go the Van Gogh Museum and the Rijksmuseum. My wife said taking a walk through the Red Light District is fine but I can't shop there. So I would like ideas form you guys and gals who live there on cool and interesting stuff to do. I plan on being there for a week.

Thanks

#2 User is offline   FZ Fan 

• Jumbo Go Away
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 24 January 2018 - 10:45 AM

Anyone alive, No. Ok.

#3 User is offline   Doheuvel 

Posted 28 January 2018 - 03:16 AM

View PostFZ Fan, on 24 January 2018 - 10:45 AM, said:

Anyone alive, No. Ok.

Yes this part of the forum not looked at too much as most Dutch speak English.....
I am Dutch but live in Belgium.
As asked: weatherwise in Oct; Expect rain, temp. around 10°C
Best to book up front for the museums to avoid waiting lines. What about a canal trip through A'dam?, visit the Anne Frank museum?, there is a lot to do in A'dam.
To see in A'dam only? or see within a wider area? (remember Holland is a VERY small country, heavily populated, with a very good public transport system).) What are you looking for/interested in? Typical Dutch landscapes in the Zaan area (Zaan is river just up North from A'dam) and the Kinderdijk (South of A'dam near Rotterdam). Interested in the Dutch fight against the sea? visit the Delta works & museum in Zeeland.
On another thread I saw you asked similar question and they talked about the music scene in A'dam. See if any concerts are on in the A'dam ArenA at the time you visit.
Trust this helps (a bit..)

#4 User is offline   FZ Fan 

• Jumbo Go Away
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 09 February 2018 - 09:51 AM

View PostDoheuvel, on 28 January 2018 - 03:16 AM, said:

Yes this part of the forum not looked at too much as most Dutch speak English.....
I am Dutch but live in Belgium.
As asked: weatherwise in Oct; Expect rain, temp. around 10°C
Best to book up front for the museums to avoid waiting lines. What about a canal trip through A'dam?, visit the Anne Frank museum?, there is a lot to do in A'dam.
To see in A'dam only? or see within a wider area? (remember Holland is a VERY small country, heavily populated, with a very good public transport system).) What are you looking for/interested in? Typical Dutch landscapes in the Zaan area (Zaan is river just up North from A'dam) and the Kinderdijk (South of A'dam near Rotterdam). Interested in the Dutch fight against the sea? visit the Delta works & museum in Zeeland.
On another thread I saw you asked similar question and they talked about the music scene in A'dam. See if any concerts are on in the A'dam ArenA at the time you visit.
Trust this helps (a bit..)

Any advice on what to do and where to eat is welcome. Now we are not going to go to the Dam just to go to the legendary coffee bars, I can get all that stuff here. We will go in and partake, cause why not, but the trill of it will not be a big deal. I love art and good food and drink.

#5 User is offline   Doheuvel 

Posted 09 February 2018 - 10:34 AM

Just strolling through Amsterdam is a treat, you can smell where the coffee bars are :-)

For things to do, did you look at this website (hope the link works as new on forum): https://www.iamsterd...o-in-amsterdam.

Good food in the Netherlands? A country where people eat in places like the Febo :-). But there are good places to eat of course.

A food link is this one: https://www.iamsterd...ng-and-drinking

As I'm Dutch but living in Belgium best place for beer is ...... Belgium. But in Amsterdam you have the Heiniken Experience, a museum.

Music wise: see what's on at the Melkweg or at the Paradiso when you are there. The most famous A'dam venue for shows is the 'Carré' (the 'Dutch Royal Albert Hall').

Trust this helps to put you on your way, and ...............don't forget your Euro's :-).

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users