Gibson Brands Forums

New guitar day!

MackTheKnife

After a really tough year and alot of changes happening in my life I decided to reward myself.

I got myself one of the few HCS Hummingbirds that are left.

I already have a J-45 and an SJ-200, and a bunch of Martins (D-28, D-18, OM-28, 000-18, 000-28, 000-15M), a National single cone resonator. I also have a bunch of electrics.

The bird really does sound different and I love everything about it.

I now have 13 guitars and have absolutely no regrets about it.

As you might have seen I'm really into American classics

Feel free to suggest more :D

After a really tough year and alot of changes happening in my life I decided to reward myself.

I already have a J-45 and an SJ-200, and a bunch of Martins (D-28, D-18, OM-28, 000-18, 000-28, 000-15M), a National single cone resonator. I also have a bunch of electrics.

I'm suffering from GAS (guitar acquiring syndrome) also. but now i have guitar envy too!!

... I got myself one of the few HCS Hummingbirds that are left. ... Feel free to suggest more :D

Congrats on yer new 'Bird. . . And that's an impressive list of guitars.

Regarding more: I suggest a rosewood Gibby - give the AJ a look. My personal fav is the adi top version.

Life is short, buy the guitar. . B)

Whoa, nice guitars and a whole lot of them. Not being able to say how many were hanging around here, you inspired me to count them up. Came to 13 plus 3 sitting in the "to be repaired pile." My wife, however, also owns two. A total of four Gibsons but only one Martin. Not sure though that you can claim to have a thing for classic American guitars without owning a single Harmony or Kay.

I have a Collings OM that I really like and I played a Santa Cruz once that was maybe even better (and more money). There's a whole bunch of excellent boutique guitar makers around. You have the classics from Gibson and Martin. Maybe you want to try some smaller, high quality American guitar makers? Besides Collings and Santa Cruz, there's Huss and Dalton, Goodall, Froggy Bottom and I'm sure many more that I never heard of.

A Martin O-15

I have a Collings OM that I really like and I played a Santa Cruz once that was maybe even better (and more money). There's a whole bunch of excellent boutique guitar makers around. You have the classics from Gibson and Martin. Maybe you want to try some smaller, high quality American guitar makers? Besides Collings and Santa Cruz, there's Huss and Dalton, Goodall, Froggy Bottom and I'm sure many more that I never heard of.

This is good advice! At one point I had about 13 Gibsons (still have 3) but have branched out now. In the pic there's a Collings, Santa Cruz and 2 Martins. Works for me!

IMG_1104_zpstuwuj89q.jpg

Congratulations! I just got my 1st J45 Thursday, so I've had a good week, and yes, Hummingbirds are something special! What is the HCS designation? As far as suggestions for more, I think a Westerly Guild and an Advanced Jumbo would be nice additions to the family!

1517101381[/url]' post='1913000']

Congratulations! I just got my 1st J45 Thursday, so I've had a good week, and yes, Hummingbirds are something special! What is the HCS designation? As far as suggestions for more, I think a Westerly Guild and an Advanced Jumbo would be nice additions to the family!

"HCS". Heritage Cherry Sunburst. Yet another version of the standard HBird, I believe mainly differentiated by color. . Electronics on board. Not sure if they are in current production. But they're are pink or white versions available. Tempting with Easter coming up,

Archived