Gibson Brands Forums

Some Boogie Woogie

BluesKing777

This is the first take of a thing I have been working on for a while.....a boogie woogie type backing to 'Move It On Over', an old Hank Williams tune that predates rock and roll.

Now this guy asked me: "What do I do to dance to that music? I rock from side to side while my girl doesn't know what to do either and she sort of rolls her hips around..." So err, he rocks, she rolls, err, had to think for a minute..... [biggrin]

Well, I said: "Just rock her, Billy!"

https://soundcloud.com/bk7-3/moveitover7a

BluesKing777.

I really like the sound Bluesking it's that JJ Cale shuffle.

I must admit I have 'stolen' your 'Mess of Blues' and given it a shuffle. You might like to give it a try too.

Thanks FP!

Well, I also admit stealing most of my track from Lightning Hopkins [smile] ...the up 'flick' Texas style in particular from his "Pull A Party' style. Don't want to overdo the 'flick' so I space it out a bit...I was singing it to that slower shuffle, but when I plugged in my mic, I knocked my reverb settings and came back with that rockabilly sound, Ooh, Aha, Aha, AHA - keep that, so I sped the playing up to more like "Guitar Boogie" and while there is a mistake or 2, the biggest thing I missed with the vocal was I didn't try and do a Rockabilly 'hickup' ala Jerry Lee Lewis! Next time....

I make it sound like I planned it... [laugh]

BluesKing777.

Excellent BK as always. I love to hear another musician's version. Pickups or no pickups. A step outside of the commercial atmosphere !

Thanks TOS!

Not a commercial bone in this body, I have proved many times hoping to make a buck.... :mellow:

BluesKing777.

Thanks FP!

Well, I also admit stealing most of my track from Lightning Hopkins [smile] ...the up 'flick' Texas style in particular from his "Pull A Party' style. Don't want to overdo the 'flick' so I space it out a bit...I was singing it to that slower shuffle, but when I plugged in my mic, I knocked my reverb settings and came back with that rockabilly sound, Ooh, Aha, Aha, AHA - keep that, so I sped the playing up to more like "Guitar Boogie" and while there is a mistake or 2, the biggest thing I missed with the vocal was I didn't try and do a Rockabilly 'hickup' ala Jerry Lee Lewis! Next time....

I make it sound like I planned it... [laugh]

BluesKing777.

Yes let's keep rock n roll alive. I've just recorded I'm Left You're Right She's Gone I used a little Crunch on that but shuffle would work too.

You could look at the early Ricky Nelson where he has James Burton on guitar, some great songs here Stood Up, It's Late, Be Bop Blue.

Archived