• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Explorers, DIY, BYO Epiphone Style

#21 User is offline   dReit1 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: All Access

Posted 08 July 2018 - 10:30 AM

View Postmihcmac, on 07 July 2018 - 12:02 PM, said:

I have found Explorer's to be comfortable sitting on a couch with the lower notch resting on my knee, but I often use a bar stool as well.

I finished my Explorer before I got my Gibson Blueshawk and the finish started to fracture really bad. Although after applying lacquer to the Explorer the long exposure to fumes, even out doors, left me with quite a few less brain cells. If I finish another guitar I will use polyurethane like Epiphone so it will survive the high humidity here on the Island.

Never could get used to playing one sitting. Guess my arms are too short and I have trouble reaching the cowboy end of the neck. Balance well and play great standing though.

I understand the lacquer now. I didn't realize it was an older build. I just assumed this was something you had recently completed. 'Cause it looks new!

Great job anyway.

And I do like your Duesenberg Les Trem. I've been playing with one for about 6 months now and like it a lot. Of course mine is not upside down like yours but I would think they work about the same. And it gives the guitar an interesting look.

Rawk On!!
D

#22 User is offline   mihcmac 

• 10-13-17-26-36-46
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 08 July 2018 - 12:32 PM

View PostdReit1, on 08 July 2018 - 10:30 AM, said:

Never could get used to playing one sitting. Guess my arms are too short and I have trouble reaching the cowboy end of the neck. Balance well and play great standing though.

I understand the lacquer now. I didn't realize it was an older build. I just assumed this was something you had recently completed. 'Cause it looks new!

Great job anyway.

And I do like your Duesenberg Les Trem. I've been playing with one for about 6 months now and like it a lot. Of course mine is not upside down like yours but I would think they work about the same. And it gives the guitar an interesting look.

Rawk On!!
D

I finished my Explorer a little over a year ago and hasn't been effected by finish checking. I received my 20 year old Gibson Blueshawk at about Christmas time and checking started within the first couple of months. My Epiphone Blueshawk still looks almost as good as the day I got about 2 years ago. Photo taken when the Gibson first arrived and the Epiphone had been with me for a while..
Posted Image
My 2nd Duesengerg Les Trem II landed on my 56 Les Paul Pro where its performing quite well..

View Postmihcmac, on 30 June 2018 - 12:03 PM, said:

I decided to move my new Les Trem II to my 56 LP Standard for a while..

Posted Image

Both of my Les Trem II's are working quite well, I am quite hard on them and haven't noticed any deterioration of the spring on the older one on the Explorer..

View Postmihcmac, on 06 July 2018 - 01:44 PM, said:

But I still like my unorthodox use of a Left hand tremolo on my Explorer.. While I could not recommend this type of install because it requires additional threaded inserts, it works really well.
Posted Image

This post has been edited by mihcmac: 08 July 2018 - 01:33 PM

P-90's Rule.. Posted ImagePosted Image . But not for everyone...

#23 User is offline   mihcmac 

• 10-13-17-26-36-46
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 22 November 2018 - 05:45 PM

I think Gibson liked my shot.. :)

Posted Image

Even though I got nothing Gibson in mine.. Thanks for the complement Gibson.... :)

Posted Image

This post has been edited by mihcmac: 22 November 2018 - 05:46 PM

P-90's Rule.. Posted ImagePosted Image . But not for everyone...

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users