Gibson Brands Forums

Off to Nashville

AnneS

To attend a songwriting workshop guest-hosted by Mary Gauthier this weekend. I have no idea what I’m in for, but it could be interesting. Don Henry and Beth Nielsen Chapman will sit in for a few hours and provide song feedback, too, whatever that means.

Anyway, with my J-45 and a handful of my shiniest tunes, I’m headed for the big time. 😬 Wish me luck.

I’ll keep you posted...

Give em John Hiatt hell.

You deserve it! Write a song about an injured Swede, a Harp sucking Aussie, an Acoustic Monk, a grunt, all in a degenerate gang headed by a king who fancie the blues and gadgetry.

Haha...it practically writes itself!

FZ—Don Henry, not Henley. (But if he turns out to need a good punching, I’ll let him have it, I promise!)

You will have a blast. Mary is special.

Yes, I think so, too. Cool that she’ll be leading the sessions on the very day her new album officially launches. I think she was in Baton Rouge this evening for the premiere of a documentary about the album, which, as you probably know, is a collection of songs she co-wrote with veterans arising from an organization that pairs songwriters with vets.

I had never heard of her until, at open mics over the last couple of years, more than a handful of strangers told me my stuff reminded them of hers. Well, I only recently her up and have been listening closely. Gotta say, I have come to understand what a high compliment is the comparison!

It is uncanny to hear and read what she says about songwriting, too, given that I have said, sometimes almost verbatim, the exact things.

So when the workshop was announced, I pulled the trigger before I could talk myself out of it.

And, I’m gonna get a close-up, personal listen to that 1950 Southern Jumbo of hers.

Yep, pretty psyched...

Best of luck Anne! I'm in bed listening to your album right now as I type. Wonderful. You don't need to be told how to write goods songs, that is for sure. Before you, I listened to Dylan, before that Cash, and before that Emmylou. You might not have sold as many albums as they have, but that does not make your music any less worthy.

Lars

To attend a songwriting workshop guest-hosted by Mary Gauthier this weekend. I have no idea what I’m in for, but it could be interesting. Don Henry and Beth Nielsen Chapman will sit in for a few hours and provide song feedback, too, whatever that means.

Anyway, with my J-45 and a handful of my shiniest tunes, I’m headed for the big time. 😬 Wish me luck.

I’ll keep you posted...

Best of luck. Stop in at NSAI and say hello to everyone!

Best of luck. Stop in at NSAI and say hello to everyone!

Well, maybe I will...It is less than a block from where I’m staying. 😉

Gotta say, it was a thrill today to sit alone in a room with Mary and play my song, Come See, on the very day her album released and became the number one download on iTunes

Quite an honor.

Well, maybe I will...It is less than a block from where I’m staying. 😉

Gotta say, it was a thrill today to sit alone in a room with Mary and play my song, Come See, on the very day her album released and became the number one download on iTunes

Quite an honor.

Awesome! My favorite song on your album. What did she think?

Lars

Well, maybe I will...It is less than a block from where I'm staying. 😉

Quite an honor.

Yes, an honor to be sure. She is one of a kind - I'm sure you were inspired. I would be a plate of Jello.

Archived