Gibson Brands Forums

Vintage Gibson Custom with dual p90

neogtr

Hi everyone, i recently adquired a gibson les paul custom. It came with no serial (looks like it might have been repaired, parts of the bigsby trem, dual p90 pickups. I sent pics to Gibson and all they were able to tell me is that it does look legit but due to lack of serials on the guitar or the pots they cant date it. Has anyone seen or heard of a guitar with these specs?

Thanks so much in advance.

Yes but you need to post some pics!

Most of us use a photo hosting site (Imgur etc), upload the photo to that and paste the 'link for forums' into your post.

Custom with P90s and bigsby....I would expect this to be black and a 50s reissue with a chunky neck.

Mine has P90s.

lpfeb13small.jpg

Thank you for the advice, once i get home tonight il be posting more photos. Here are the ones i have.

htiEp2lJY.jpg

YtQEe0A.jpg

RfVhi9C.jpg

yRjLN7t.jpg

60D1HHj.jpg

60D1HHj.jpg

5GW6DSJ.jpg

0hdC0YC.jpg

Yes but you need to post some pics!

Most of us use a photo hosting site (Imgur etc), upload the photo to that and paste the 'link for forums' into your post.

Custom with P90s and bigsby....I would expect this to be black and a 50s reissue with a chunky neck.

Mine has P90s.

lpfeb13small.jpg

If you will excuse me saying so, it's in a bit of a state!

Knobs, truss rod cover, scratchplate (cut for humbuckers) look like they've been changed...

That pickup wiring needs redoing! Think it also may have been refretted.

The bridge is not original. If you don't have the other bits of the Bigsby, take it off and use the money you were going to spend on those bits on a stud tailpiece.

Better pics of the body, fretboard, headstock front and back - well, all of it - would be good.

Hope the experts will chime in on this one!?? :-k :-k

Thank you so much guys for your responses. Yes indeed the guitar went through mods made by who knows what... The knobs, truss rod cover, scratchplate and bridge are not original. The previous owner did a horrible job doing the refret and also it got rid of the single binding on the neck for a 3 color. This is why i want to get it fixed and need more info if you guys have any.

What would the UV light do? ill try to get one.

Ill try to take some more pics of the parts you asked today or tomorrow.

Any info is appreciated.

Archived