Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson SG back plate - Help !

Revolution Six

Hi,

I need your help guys. I want a white contrôle plate on my SG Std. I made a test with 2 layers of Adhesive Vinyl Film.

The result is not bad but I prefer a custom plate made with wkite material. I can send the original plate as master, I am in France near Paris.

gibson21.jpg

Thank you !

Not many have heard the recordings of Pete explaining exactly why he smashed them up, but I can tell you it had a whole lot to do with the neck dive that Gibson SGs are well known for.

rct

and boys and girls, this is why Les Pauls are indeed the only safe, reliable, sane choice.......

but I digress...

I traded my SG last summer. Not neck dive, just not the right neck after 6 years of trying to make it work. It was the very first SG I ever owned, since 1971. I don't miss it.

rct

I have two actually, a 2012 standard with 49x(t/r) and a 2005 classic w/p90s

they are fun to play, Light, fret access for days.. Not quite the snarl of my LP Standards, but - close enough for hand grenades..

I use brushed leather straps, there is no such thing as neck dive with the proper strap. Seat Belt straps of for yuckle heads... (Kidding,, I'm a kidder)

I have two actually, a 2012 standard with 49x(t/r) and a 2005 classic w/p90s

they are fun to play, Light, fret access for days.. Not quite the snarl of my LP Standards, but - close enough for hand grenades..

I use brushed leather straps, there is no such thing as neck dive with the proper strap. Seat Belt straps of for yuckle heads... (Kidding,, I'm a kidder)

I did like the sound of it. I use slippy straps, leather on top and slippy on back. I will just end up with my shirt in a ball on my left shoulder if I don't have gloved leather on the body side. I don't really notice neck dive in any guitar because I'm pushing, pulling, lifting, dropping, back and forthing the neck all over the place anyway so whatIcare?

rct

I did like the sound of it. I use slippy straps, leather on top and slippy on back. I will just end up with my shirt in a ball on my left shoulder if I don't have gloved leather on the body side. I don't really notice neck dive in any guitar because I'm pushing, pulling, lifting, dropping, back and forthing the neck all over the place anyway so whatIcare?

rct

with a Seat Belt Strap, just about an guitar floats around too much on my shoulder. I don't like em to move around unless it's 100% with me...........

except for the mosh pits, but I'm too old to dive into those anyway.

with a Seat Belt Strap, just about an guitar floats around too much on my shoulder. I don't like em to move around unless it's 100% with me...........

Gotcha. So you know to stay away from Gibson SGs and their well known neck dive. They all do.

rct

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived