Gibson Brands Forums

Bob Dylan SJ-200 Player's Edition

PinoyGibson

Congrats!

I do have to admit though that I was happy to get rid of the second pickguard that had been slapped on my 1960 J-200 when I snagged it decades ago. Losing it did not result in any noticeable change in sound but I just thought the instrument looked so much better without it.

Very Nice playing. I have been fingerpicking for over 50 years and still cannot play that clean. The J-200 definitely deserves the reputation of the grand piano of acoustics. Your demo really brings that in focus.

Congrats!

I do have to admit though that I was happy to get rid of the second pickguard that had been slapped on my 1960 J-200 when I snagged it decades ago. Losing it did not result in any noticeable change in sound but I just thought the instrument looked so much better without it.

Very Nice playing. I have been fingerpicking for over 50 years and still cannot play that clean. The J-200 definitely deserves the reputation of the grand piano of acoustics. Your demo really brings that in focus.

Thank you, I am my own worst critic when it comes to my playing but I still do it anyway because I love music and it's my way of meditating. :)

Thank you, I am my own worst critic when it comes to my playing but I still do it anyway because I love music and it's my way of meditating. :)

Most of us are. I have finally figured out that while I am not as good as I wanted to be, I am not near half as bad as I think I am. Meditating is an interesting way to put it. When I am, at my best, in the pocket as the jazz guys used to say, I am not really conscious of what I am doing. No thinking that I can recall going on. Drives others nuts though as they can never tell what I am going to do. Add measures, switch timing, playing melodic lines using parallel 6ths (or at least that is what I have been told I was doing) and all kinds of stuff. Problem is I fall into something I like but can't recall what I was doing.

Most of us are. I have finally figured out that while I am not as good as I wanted to be, I am not near half as bad as I think I am. Meditating is an interesting way to put it. When I am, at my best, in the pocket as the jazz guys used to say, I am not really conscious of what I am doing. No thinking that I can recall going on. Drives others nuts though as they can never tell what I am going to do. Add measures, switch timing, playing melodic lines using parallel 6ths (or at least that is what I have been told I was doing) and all kinds of stuff. Problem is I fall into something I like but can't recall what I was doing.

I can totally relate to that, when I get something going that feels and sounds good I'm in my zen and nothing else matters and I just let things go with the flow.

Archived