Gibson Brands Forums

Sheraton 2 Pro

Robotsandastro

Hey guys, im new here and just have a couple questions. I was thinking of getting a new Epiphone Sheraton 2 Pro in ebony. my question is, what are your thoughts on installing a Gibson "dirty fingers" Humbucker in the bridge pickup. Im aware of the how versatile that guitar and hum buckers are together. but having one of epiphones highest rated guitars and adding one of Gibsons finest pickups...(so ive been told) I just want to hear a couple opinions and thoughts. is it worth it? thank you

Welcome to the forum Robotsandastro. msp_thumbup.gif One, I've never changed pickups before, I leave all my guitars stock the way I bought them. That's why I play a variety of guitars before I buy one to make sure that's the one for me! msp_flapper.gif There are lots of folks here that have changed out pickups and there are lots of folks here like me who leave there guitars stock too. I've heard dirty fingers before but really not a fan of them. I have Alnico's in my Gibson Gold Top and acquired a Epiphone Custom Pro just last year with Pro Buckers in it. That guitar I can play all day long as I love the tones it puts out. Lots of folks here I believe are fans of the P-90's or 57 classic. But changing pickups I'm not an expert at that. Good luck with what you decide. I played a Sheraton 2 and thought it sounded fine with what it had though. That's just me.

Hey guys, im new here and just have a couple questions. I was thinking of getting a new Epiphone Sheraton 2 Pro in ebony. my question is, what are your thoughts on installing a Gibson "dirty fingers" Humbucker in the bridge pickup. Im aware of the how versatile that guitar and hum buckers are together. but having one of epiphones highest rated guitars and adding one of Gibsons finest pickups...(so ive been told) I just want to hear a couple opinions and thoughts. is it worth it? thank you

As a seasoned player and someone who has bought, sold, modified and played guitars since the 60's I recommend you go for it. If you like everything else about your guitar and want to try different pickups, it is very EASY to switch them back or try others. My question would be, do you have an original dirty fingers pickup or a "reissue" of some sort? I really like the 70s/80s Gibson Humbucker Dirty Finger T-Top pickups but there are also dozens of pickups you could try if you have the time, $$, interest and simple ability to clip a couple wires and solder them back together.

I have one of these, and I don't really see the need to change the pickups. the Probuckers are pretty decent in my op.

Depends I guess on what you are looking for. I have never used dirty fingers. The only pickups I think I'd even bother with at this point, (and I've modded plenty of guitars) would be classic 57/classic 57+ ... I love what these do... but that's me..

Archived