Gibson Brands Forums

Caged Bird

SirNed

In the interest of sharing my grandpa's work with more people, I've loaned some items to the local museum here in Kalamazoo. I think they did a bang-up job on the display and couldn't be happier.

U9Hd1LU.jpg

It was particularly hard letting them have the 64 Bird. That is my favorite guitar and I miss playing it, but it sure looks pretty in there. They assured me that they would keep it humidified.

I see he was also responsible for the Epiphone Excellent guard.

Your Grandpa was an amazing artist ...His art belongs in this tastefull display.

If you ask me he was Picasso of the Guitar world.

Yes indeed on the Excellente. Thanks for the high complements on his behalf!

Was about the choke in my morning cacao when I saw the photo. The text cooled me down.

T'would have been impossible to bear to see this wonder behind glass for life. This at the other hand is superb :

Make people glad and you even glader when the beauty comes flying home.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

With your permission the pic is loaded to the archive here.

With your permission the pic is loaded to the archive here.

Permission granted, sir! That's why I've been posting the pics here. I want this info / history available to anyone who's curious, but mainly for Bird lovers like you Em7.

Thank you to the members of this forum for all of the encouragement. It's because of you that this museum thing even happened. I hadn't realized the effect my grandpa's work had on the guitar community until I stumbled onto some posts here. When I joined up, I became part of this wonderful group that rewards its fellows with knowledge, kindness, humor, and outstanding music!

Archived