Gibson Brands Forums

Name This Finish

johntrem

post-8127-035897600 1518197295_thumb.jpg

Anyone care to venture a guess as to what finish my '04 Epi Plus Top Standard is? When I bought it the finish was labeled Honeyburst. Doesn't look like any Honeyburst I've seen (which I don't honestly care for). To me it looks mostly like Desertburst. Any ideas?

post-8127-035897600 1518197295_thumb.jpg

Anyone care to venture a guess as to what finish my '04 Epi Plus Top Standard is? When I bought it the finish was labeled Honeyburst. Doesn't look like any Honeyburst I've seen (which I don't honestly care for). To me it looks mostly like Desertburst. Any ideas?

Bourbon Burst

Never heard of bourbon burst. After checking out some examples I don't think so. Mine is actually red near the edges fading to an amber in the center. If I post another photo of it in sunlight it's very apparent. I'll just have to wait for the sun to come out.

Never heard of bourbon burst. After checking out some examples I don't think so. Mine is actually red near the edges fading to an amber in the center. If I post another photo of it in sunlight it's very apparent. I'll just have to wait for the sun to come out.

April, sometime?

Oh Lord, Epiphone has resorted to using photos instead of finished wood for their caps? Is there any way to determine which Epiphone models are now using photographs instead of maple?

Yes, I'll help you determine which models...None, Epi doesn't do that and has never done that. They use a veneer. Rev 6/SGplayer is a bizarre troll from France. He has several accounts on this forum and several others. He posts pics of guitars from the internet and acts like they are his and has an odd obsession with telling people how horrible their Epiphones are. You must not be too quick on the come up to not know this. Just look at his Sig.

Yes, I'll help you determine which models...None, Epi doesn't do that and has never done that. They use a veneer. Rev 6/SGplayer is a bizarre troll from France. He has several accounts on this forum and several others. He posts pics of guitars from the internet and acts like they are his and has an odd obsession with telling people how horrible their Epiphones are. You must not be too quick on the come up to not know this. Just look at his Sig.

I wonder what trolls did before there was an Internet. Write crap on the inside of bathroom stalls?

Yes, I'll help you determine which models...None, Epi doesn't do that and has never done that. They use a veneer. Rev 6/SGplayer is a bizarre troll from France. He has several accounts on this forum and several others. He posts pics of guitars from the internet and acts like they are his and has an odd obsession with telling people how horrible their Epiphones are.

Yeah mate. This kiddie used to call himself SGplayer and I think (though could be someone else) it went that his mum helped him buy a cheeseburger Gibson SG or something like that and his kink is to troll Epiphone on some superiority kick. That he thinks it's funny after so many repeat efforts says it all, but that's cool. (suggest ignore or swat but not take notice).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Sometime later I sent the serial number to Epiphone with my query, they told me according to their records this guitar has a honeyburst finish. Just glad it doesn't look like standard honeyburst. Wouldn't have bought it.

Archived