Gibson Brands Forums

Video of my pal Sam Broussard playing with Sonny Landreth.

bayoubengal1954

This is from the Sonny Landreth album "Live In Lafayette ". On the far right my friend Sam Broussard is playing his 1935 L-00 (stripped down to a natural).

I am lucky enough to play a duo gig with Sam once a month. I just try to hold down a steady rhythm and stay out of his way. He has played with Jimmy Buffett, Linda Ronstadt, Michael Murphy (that's his lick on "Wildfire") and many others. A great guy with very cool stories.

He also has a lot of wonderful originals. He gets a solo at around 1:28.

Beyond cool! Thanks for sharing this with us.

Sonny is my favorite slide player. I interviewed him for Fretboard Journal at one of the Clapton Crossroads concerts. Brilliant musician and lovely guy.

Beyond cool! Thanks for sharing this with us.

Sonny is my favorite slide player. I interviewed him for Fretboard Journal at one of the Clapton Crossroads concerts. Brilliant musician and lovely guy.

You're right, John. I have never heard a bad word about Sonny as a person (or as a player 😉). Sam is also quite the gentleman.

Love it.

I was considering Dockside (studio) back around 1994 for the debut Double Aught cd before relocating to the Heartland and re-grouping. Sonny was working on "South Of I-10" there around that time.

He's an awesome player with a Louisiana feel, and your friend has an equally good touch and style.

Thanks for that!

Archived