Gibson Brands Forums

J200 Fans - Listen

MorrisrownSal

Precious performance - the whole act seems to sway a couple of centimeters over the stage-floor.

And the lead surely carries the glow.

Important to notice that this is the tune-O-matic bridge/saddle concept.

Listening with attention reveals that certain slightly artificial metal-nylon-like, yet warm and highly defined tone comin' from these saddles.

Probably a mid-60s Jumbo.

Forty I have tried to play this song too... never could get it. It needs a real discipline on the triplets - the cadence makes the song. I find I can fingerpick only when its simple alternating thumb travis stuff. He (they) make it look so easy. It isn't. For me anyways.

The nuance in this one runs especially strong.

Forty I have tried to play this song too... never could get it. It needs a real discipline on the triplets - the cadence makes the song. I find I can fingerpick only when its simple alternating thumb travis stuff. He (they) make it look so easy. It isn't. For me anyways.

The nuance in this one runs especially strong.

Not saying I can pull it off , haven’t even tried. Even though I’m a fan of his

I think the secret apparent here is that he’s ‘singing the song’ the guitar is secondary , in as far as the conscious and the subconscious aspect of performing ...

He’s probably performed it thousands of times .. add that to the fact that he wrote it . He’s in the blessed place where nothing is going on in the frontal lobes

I’d like to hear someone from the forum having a bash

Archived