Gibson Brands Forums

1953 J-50 for Sale on the Martin Forum

bayoubengal1954

That price is a steal. I paid $3,500 for my '57, and then $1,500 for a new bridge, frets, bridge plate, neck set, fret board planning and a K&K. Its a tone monster set up for medium Sunbeams, with a nicely checked finish, and a bit of history. That one is a great deal.

That price is a steal. I paid $3,500 for my '57, and then $1,500 for a new bridge, frets, bridge plate, neck set, fret board planning and a K&K. Its a tone monster set up for medium Sunbeams, with a nicely checked finish, and a bit of history. That one is a great deal.

That's what I thought. I paid $2750 for my rough looking '48 and then had to put $1100 into it. The work is already done on this one.

I was strongly considering buying this 53 but was turned off by the fact that the repairs were done using Titebond glue instead of hide glue which would have been original for the guitar I believe.

I know some of you may say no big deal what glue was used but to me with a guitar of this vintage I feel hide would have been appropriate.

I was strongly considering buying this 53 but was turned off by the fact that the repairs were done using Titebond glue instead of hide glue which would have been original for the guitar I believe.

I know some of you may say no big deal what glue was used but to me with a guitar of this vintage I feel hide would have been appropriate.

I totally understand, but I wanted you to buy it so I could live vicariously through you. [biggrin]

Archived