Gibson Brands Forums

I just cannot do it....

Jalex

Sell my J-50 that is. I put it for sale on the AGF this morning and took it down. I had it for sale on there a couple of weeks ago as well. I'm off work today and have been playing it all morning. It's just a nice guitar and fun to play. Not selling for financial reasons just feel as a hobbyist I don't need all these nice guitars around. First world problem I know.....any thoughts?

Some folks go with what they need - that one guitar they’d have with them on a desert island. Maybe one more. . I go for the pure pleasure of enjoying differences - in the materials, construction, finish, sound, and play. So I have a few guitars. There’s definitely nothing wrong with that. . B)

Sell my J-50 that is. I put it for sale on the AGF this morning and took it down. I had it for sale on there a couple of weeks ago as well. I'm off work today and have been playing it all morning. It's just a nice guitar and fun to play. Not selling for financial reasons just feel as a hobbyist I don't need all these nice guitars around. First world problem I know.....any thoughts?

You probably need a plan of sorts to sell, maybe trade 3 for 1 high end guitar?

Or trade everything you have for one dream guitar, maybe alleviate the ‘Guilts’ by having....gulp....one g....can’t say it. [unsure]

BluesKing777.

Just purchased a 2015 J-50 (CS label), and will be selling a lovely ES-335 that's been usurped by my two ES-330s & ES-335 w/P90s. At this point, it's sort of a one-in, one-out policy. Or maybe one-in & two-out if need be.

Space is more of an issue than money at this point (per my wife!). But I won't sell anything unless I truly feel I'm done with it, and it essentially is replaced by something I'm interested in. Therefore, I feel fine about letting this beautiful 335 go, because in effect it's being replaced by a beautiful J-50.

So my advice would be > If it's not a financial matter, make sure your decision either maintains or increases your guitar fun factor!

I speak here from experience.

There are several rules in life.

1) Never start a land war in Asia.

2) Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line.

3) Be fearful when others are greedy and greedy when others are fearful.

4) Make sure you and your bride make steady time for each other - regular date nights.

5) There are no shortage of folks who will tell you that you are not good enough, and point out your flaws. Don't ever help them.

6) When someone tells you to try Almond Butter, smack them and go buy a jar of peanut butter.

7) Never trust the banks.

8) Never trust people who don't like dogs.

9) Right Tighty Lefty Loosey

10) Never sell a J50.

And your J50 is a twin of mine! NOOOOO

I speak here from experience.

There are several rules in life.

1) Never start a land war in Asia.

2) Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line.

3) Be fearful when others are greedy and greedy when others are fearful.

4) Make sure you and your bride make steady time for each other - regular date nights.

5) There are no shortage of folks who will tell you that you are not good enough, and point out your flaws. Don't ever help them.

6) When someone tells you to try Almond Butter, smack them and go buy a jar of peanut butter.

7) Never trust the banks.

8) Never trust people who don't like dogs.

9) Right Tighty Lefty Loosey

10) Never sell a J50.

And your J50 is a twin of mine! NOOOOO

You can build up your tolerance to iocaine powder, but that won't help a bit when you are stricken by a bad case of GAS.

I’ve let some guitars go that I’ve really bitterly regretted in the past. It’s all too easy to get caught up in GAS and forget how lucky we are to own such beautiful instruments. I wish I still owned (or could afford to buy back) my Martin Jeff Tweedy, my ‘08 Hummingbird, my ‘09 Blues King, my ‘06 CJ165, my ‘05 Martin OM18V, my ‘14 1941 Reissue SJ100...

We go forwards not backwards, but relief is always a more enjoyable emotion than regret, n’est-ce pas?

I have a bit of the same dilemma. About 3 months ago I put my J45 up on Craigslist at a price I'd be willing to sell it for. Renewed the ad once and then forgot about it until I got a text this morning from someone that wants to look at it. He's local (our county has only 5,000 locals) and is an established attorney so there's a good chance he's got the bucks. I waited 3 hours before getting back to him, but I did call and will meet him in town this Friday afternoon. In my head, at this moment, I can make this work. In actuality, we shall see.

https://pueblo.craigslist.org/msg/d/1946-gibson-j45-acoustic/6426450333.html

I have a bit of the same dilemma. About 3 months ago I put my J45 up on Craigslist at a price I'd be willing to sell it for. Renewed the ad once and then forgot about it until I got a text this morning from someone that wants to look at it. He's local (our county has only 5,000 locals) and is an established attorney so there's a good chance he's got the bucks. I waited 3 hours before getting back to him, but I did call and will meet him in town this Friday afternoon. In my head, at this moment, I can make this work. In actuality, we shall see.

https://pueblo.craigslist.org/msg/d/1946-gibson-j45-acoustic/6426450333.html

Man that is good looking and I'm sure great sounding. Good luck on your decision. I'm sure it is a difficult one.

Archived