Gibson Brands Forums

What's the difference, if any, between these two SG models?

jspaceman

I'm thinking of buying a 2017 SG Special in Satin Cherry. Long & McQuade here in Canada has them listed on their website. One with the model number SGSP17SCNH, which is at full price. The other is on sale and has the model number SGSP172SCNH.

From what I can tell the guitars are exactly the same, even though the model numbers are slightly different (note the '2' on the second guitar's model number).

Is there a difference? What am I missing? And if they are the same guitar then why would they discount one but not the other?

Thanks.

They are identical. I have one and they are pretty nice. I paid 899 USD for mine new a few months ago. the one that cost more, is the 2018 price.<br><br> 

I'm thinking of buying a 2017 SG Special in Satin Cherry. Long & McQuade here in Canada has them listed on their website. One with the model number SGSP17SCNH, which is at full price. The other is on sale and has the model number SGSP172SCNH.

From what I can tell the guitars are exactly the same, even though the model numbers are slightly different (note the '2' on the second guitar's model number).

Is there a difference? What am I missing? And if they are the same guitar then why would they discount one but not the other?

Thanks.

Archived