Gibson Brands Forums: Les Paul volume cuts out at max - Gibson Brands Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Les Paul volume cuts out at max Volume Pot issue

#1 User is offline   kc2pxp 

• Group: All Access

Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:32 AM

My 2017 Les Paul Standard has an issue already. Both volume pots cut out when turned up to 9 or 10. If I wiggle them, they come and go. I plan to use contact cleaner to see if it helps. If not, I will replace them. I am disappointed that a guitar of this quality would fail within 1 year. I keep it in a climate controlled room and I do not understand why this happened. Any advice? Thanks

Steve

#2 User is offline   rickc 

Posted 13 February 2018 - 07:32 PM

Steve: a new guitar should not have such issues; my LP is over 30 and all 4 pots are very happy. Try the contact cleaner as it's easy to do but I'd be getting prepared to send it back.

#3 User is offline   MichaelT 

• Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver.
  • LocationSomewhere in Kentucky

Posted 14 February 2018 - 12:39 PM

kc2pxp, on 13 February 2018 - 08:32 AM, said:

My 2017 Les Paul Standard has an issue already. Both volume pots cut out when turned up to 9 or 10. If I wiggle them, they come and go. I plan to use contact cleaner to see if it helps. If not, I will replace them. I am disappointed that a guitar of this quality would fail within 1 year. I keep it in a climate controlled room and I do not understand why this happened. Any advice? Thanks

Steve

That should be a warranty item. Call Gibson Support at: http://www.gibson.com/Support.aspx

If it's a 2017 Standard and you're the original purchaser, it should be under warranty. It has a printed circuit board in the controls cavity. They'll send you a new one and it's simple to replace. If you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself, you can take it to an authorized repair store. I had issues with mine (PCB) as well shortly after purchasing it new and called support for a replacement.

But, you're right, that should not happen with regular use.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users