Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul volume cuts out at max

kc2pxp

My 2017 Les Paul Standard has an issue already. Both volume pots cut out when turned up to 9 or 10. If I wiggle them, they come and go. I plan to use contact cleaner to see if it helps. If not, I will replace them. I am disappointed that a guitar of this quality would fail within 1 year. I keep it in a climate controlled room and I do not understand why this happened. Any advice? Thanks

Steve

My 2017 Les Paul Standard has an issue already. Both volume pots cut out when turned up to 9 or 10. If I wiggle them, they come and go. I plan to use contact cleaner to see if it helps. If not, I will replace them. I am disappointed that a guitar of this quality would fail within 1 year. I keep it in a climate controlled room and I do not understand why this happened. Any advice? Thanks

Steve

That should be a warranty item. Call Gibson Support at: http://www.gibson.com/Support.aspx

If it's a 2017 Standard and you're the original purchaser, it should be under warranty. It has a printed circuit board in the controls cavity. They'll send you a new one and it's simple to replace. If you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself, you can take it to an authorized repair store. I had issues with mine (PCB) as well shortly after purchasing it new and called support for a replacement.

But, you're right, that should not happen with regular use.

Archived