Gibson Brands Forums

1947 Acoustic/Electric J45 ???

Bozz

Yep. The guy selling it has no idea what he is talking about, unless there is an unassailable provenance. I'm not sure about that bridge.

The entire description is a crock of bs as the guy tries to hype the value. I have no idea what and early J 160E in roughish condition brings.

I like the way he tries to link the value to the increase in the stock market. WTF?

Yep. The guy selling it has no idea what he is talking about, unless there is an unassailable provenance. I'm not sure about that bridge.

The entire description is a crock of bs as the guy tries to hype the value. I have no idea what and early J 160E in roughish condition brings.

I like the way he tries to link the value to the increase in the stock market. WTF?

Agreed. The insanity is bleeding into the used/vintage instrument market at an alarming rate - you can almost hear the gurgle😁 Of course, there are and have always been folks out there with rather convoluted notions of instruments and their value - and just enough buyers who play (pun😬) into their hype to keep the silliness active.

Here,again is an example of shoddy photography. If you're trying to move a vintage instrument for a fair amount of money couldn't you re-shoot pix that are blurry and/or out of focus? It just decreases the integrity factor IMHO.

Crazy all the way around. Might want to employ spell check as well.

Maybe it's bolted through since there's not much material there. That would be the first thing I removed.

Maybe there's one monster heel block? Or perhaps someone glued a piece of wood under the rim? My main objection to that variety of button mount is that the strap hurts my neck!

Archived