Gibson Brands Forums

Quickconnect Maintenance

I have a Gibson Quickconnect on my 2018 Les Paul Standard.

I'm wondering what the best way to maintain the pots is? Is it safe to spray WD-40 Contact Cleaner (the actual specially made WD-40 Contact Cleaner) in the back?

I don't want to get crackling volume pots.

It looks like it's all pretty much a sealed unit at the back - I'm not even sure where I'd spray the contact cleaner in order for it to get inside the pots? I don't want to risk doing it from the front of the guitar because, if some got on the nitro, I'm 99% certain that would be a disaster.

qCqUegz.jpg?2

DlnwAwy.jpg?2

• 3 weeks later...

My 31yr old LP Custom has 31yr old pots that have never failed me and never been cleaned. You are right that your newer system looks very closed. Contact cleaner is designed for electronics and should not react with plastics. Are you being proactive or are you already having scratchy pot noise?

• 2 weeks later...

My 31yr old LP Custom has 31yr old pots that have never failed me and never been cleaned. You are right that your newer system looks very closed. Contact cleaner is designed for electronics and should not react with plastics. Are you being proactive or are you already having scratchy pot noise?

Thanks for the reply.

I have a bit of scratchy pot noise on the bridge pickup only. It's not too bad, but it is there.

Any help is appreciated.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived