Gibson Brands Forums

Milo?

Digger

Hi Guys,

As you know Milo (Milod) and I were regular correspondents but the last time I heard from him was an email on the 17th December last year.

I’ve had no response to my e-mails nor to PM’s from here.

I’ve tried most of all I can think of from here to find out if something has happened to him and continue to keep trying as I’m not prepared to just let him go without knowing what (or if) anything has happened.

I know MIlo was very popular amongst you and I just wonder if anyone there has got any clues that will help me find any helpful information please?

His name was Milo Dailey and he lived somewhere near Deadwood South Dakota.

I know he wrote for local newspapers and was a photo journalist and covered the rodeo season for the papers. His wife’s name was Carla and he was a year older than me which makes him 72.

Does anyone have recent knowledge of him that might help me please?

Milo was last here on 12th Nov. last year.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I sent an email off yesterday having one more try to contact my mate Milo.

This came back this morning from Carla his wife.

"Milo had fallen a while back and was having some problems with his "good arm."

He went to physical therapy 5 or 6 weeks. That wasn't helping so they did an MRI and found cancer in his lung. The tumor was also growing into a rib.

They did radiation and chemo.

He seemed to be doing worse so they did a CT scan and found the cancer had gotten really aggressive and was going down the side of his spine. He was put in hospice care Feb 14 (our 43rd wedding anniversary).

He died early morning Feb 18.”

I had a feeling there was something bad happening as it was unlike him not to return emails.

Now I know, I wish I didn’t and I feel sick to my stomach as this is only minutes old for me.

Friends, we’ve lost a special person here and I for one am going to miss him a lot!

That is really sad to hear but thank you Digger for letting us all know.

Milo came across as a real decent bloke and it is a sad loss to all on this site who enjoyed his posts over the years.

RIP Milo.

Good guy. Always had a way of reigning us in and being the voice of reason.

Very true. A smart and gentle man with a vast knowledge of nearly everything.

I am sorry to hear that. We were going to have breakfast at the geographical center of the continent one day.

rct

I thought about him when we drove through Belle Fourche last year. I really should've contacted him ahead and met up.

Archived