Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Acoustics

ShowPony

Uh... you may want to check your math on that one.

FZfan stated above:

I want to play guitar not do math. All I know is when I buy strings for my Gibson's I have to cut a little bit of the strings off.

So, J45N, I think the difference is due to the fact that FZFan cuts a little bit of his strings off on his Gibbies.

FZfan stated above:

I want to play guitar not do math. All I know is when I buy strings for my Gibson's I have to cut a little bit of the strings off.

So, J45N, I think the difference is due to the fact that FZFan cuts a little bit of his strings off on his Gibbies.

Now you've really got me scratching my head. Yes, of course. That's it! It's that extra gnat's hair of string length. But won't that make the guitar impossible to tune?

How do guitars intonate differently? Yes Fender and Gibson have different ways of going about this...

Yes there is a different approach to setting intonation on Gibsons than most other guitars but you move the saddles back and forth just the same, yes

I didn't intend to be posting intonation charts but just for the record this is my R9 in current setup, although I have no idea if a professional would set it up like this

EDIT: and looking at it now I want to tweak it here and there

post-60552-099534000 1521651018_thumb.jpg

Archived