Gibson Brands Forums

wire

Roach

I only get "how to" when i search for the wire I am looking for. I already know how to and have the diagrams, but I am looking for what wire and where to get it for 2000 lp special with hums.

It is the wire from the 3-way switch to the volume pots and jack and ground, 4-wires, plus shield i think.This has no wiring harness, straight from switch to pots and jack.

I cannot remember if it was braided, like the p/u wires, or if it was something else, but it did have all 4 wires in one covered or wrapped piece. Similar to cat 5 cable but NOT, with much better shielding.

I also do not remember if it was copper or steal wire.

Where do i get this from? and what did gibson use? and what if anything is better?

Not really looking for a kit.

Please

Stewart Macdonald sells shielded 4 conductor wire:

http://www.stewmac.c..._-_25_feet.html

I have theirs but I bought some from Amazon that I like better. it is 22 awg instead of 28.

https://www.amazon.c...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

close enough, though i am only in need of enough to do one les paul, 25 ft is a little , just a l i t t l e bit extra...

Yeah but that's the 28awg stuff. Plus, 16" doesn't leave much room for error on a LP.

...and i need allot of room for error hahahaha,

Where would i start if I wanted to find this offline? GC says home depot or an electronics store, but I haven't found any that have it.

Ill do online if i have to but I would much rather pick it up right away.

If you can find it in shorter lengths, at a reasonable price. Let me know.

i did check again at home depot and asked a guy who showed me audio 4 wire shielded with bare ground awg22. It was .34 cents a foot. I am not sure if its the right wire but i got some anyway as cheap as it was for what i need.

He said they do not sell the 28awg.

Archived