Gibson Brands Forums

Question for those in the know ....

vacamartin

AFAIK, it’s Gibson Brands that is reportedly having financial issues. That’s the corporation of which Gibson Montana is a division. Apparently Gibson Brands will sell its Memphis facility and is planning to build a smaller facility. Not sure how the latest news will effect that plan.

Gibson USA (Nashville/solid bodies), Gibson Memphis (semi/hollow bodies), and Gibson Montana (acoustics), as well as Gibson’s other divisions are all effected by this.

Do we have any idea if the acoustic division is a separate entity to itself in the financial set-up of the Gibson company...meaning that Gibson electric is in trouble and Gibson acoustic is not?msp_confused.gif

NO... Gibson Montana is linked to all of the company. The entire company is just fine. There is nothing to worry about. This exact scenario plays out every 10 years and If you go back 10 years the press releases look like the same story. The only things that have changed are the dates.

Henry knows exactly what he's doing and he always has. He is not going to let his company fail. He has worked to hard to get it this far and he has diversified enough to ride out any music business slump.

There are people on this forum that are bad mouthing Henry and I remember when some of them first started here. One that comes to mind was a teenager knowing nothing about a guitar. He asked questions and finally figured out he had a good place to learn. Well he is considered by many to be an expert here now. Ha... What he needs to do is go to Wharton School of business and then maybe he will have something to say. Until then he is just another lost soul.

Have any of Henry's detractors met him? Have any sat in on a board room meeting? Have any seen his financials? Has anyone here even been to the plant in Nashville or Bozeman? How many here have gone skiing with him or sat in a bar and drank with the man? The experts on this forum have no idea what's at stake here and how Henry is going to respond. All of the so called experts here need to shut the hell up and let the man run HIS business. It's not yours. If you don't like it sell your Gibson guitars and go buy something touchy feely like a Taylor. Go get something Mexican like a Taylor or Martin of Fender.

Me? I'm going to go out and buy another Gibson to add to the 30+ I already own.

Rock on Henry.

NO... Gibson Montana is linked to all of the company. The entire company is just fine. There is nothing to worry about. This exact scenario plays out every 10 years and If you go back 10 years the press releases look like the same story. The only things that have changed are the dates.

Henry knows exactly what he's doing and he always has. He is not going to let his company fail. He has worked to hard to get it this far and he has diversified enough to ride out any music business slump.

There are people on this forum that are bad mouthing Henry and I remember when some of them first started here. One that comes to mind was a teenager knowing nothing about a guitar. He asked questions and finally figured out he had a good place to learn. Well he is considered by many to be an expert here now. Ha... What he needs to do is go to Wharton School of business and then maybe he will have something to say. Until then he is just another lost soul.

Have any of Henry's detractors met him? Have any sat in on a board room meeting? Have any seen his financials? Has anyone here even been to the plant in Nashville or Bozeman? How many here have gone skiing with him or sat in a bar and drank with the man? The experts on this forum have no idea what's at stake here and how Henry is going to respond. All of the so called experts here need to shut the hell up and let the man run HIS business. It's not yours. If you don't like it sell your Gibson guitars and go buy something touchy feely like a Taylor. Go get something Mexican like a Taylor or Martin of Fender.

Rock on Henry.

Exactly.... its all your fault why I have so many my self... :D .. just kidding.. I like Gibson Guitars.. I seen a change a while ago.. and backed off.. I hope they get through the situations there in and continue..

Rock on Henry.

I know you are talking about me...And honestly I am so sorry you are butthurt because of a meaningless opinion.

Please stop thinking that I think I know stuff because I don't and I have never claimed to.

Maybe it seems to you that way because people have left the forum over the years.

I don't know much even after years of being here.

Most of the members know that I am not pretentious.

You don't have to agree with me about what I said.

But to make me look like I think I am some "torch bearer" is wrong.

I will not apologize for what I said even if that prompted you to think of me as Mr.Knowitall !!!

I could careless about what I stated ... The world isn't going to end.

If you want to continue to bash me go right ahead.

I don't need to bash you or make you look bad.

I respect you as a forum member but I don't owe you anything.

And this is the second and last post about this matter that I will write.

JC

I'm not going to trash Henry, because he saved the Gibson brand. However, I do get a kick out the of stated intention of the company in the press release to "monetize assets" to "reduce debt and generate funds to contribute to business segments that are thriving."

You don't have to be a genius--or have an MBA--to translate that into plain English.

The following phrase also caught my eye:

"All Gibson Brands are dedicated to innovation, prestige and improving the quality of life of our customers."

A new guitar always improves my "quality of life", except for its impact on my bank account. However, I'm not necessarily looking to live the Gibson lifestyle, whatever that might be.

Thanks all......I like the way you guys let it all hang out without resorting to written violence. Hogeye, Juan, you guys are O.K. So is everybody else. We all(most of us) have the same sentiment....Long Live Gibson-especially Gibson Montanaeusa_clap.gif

Amen brother, amen.

Rock on Henry.

Do you know Henry and go skiing with him? When was the last time you sat in on a board meeting or chatted with Henry about business? Do you know anyone who worked directly for Henry? Just asking cause you may have some personal knowledge how the billion dollar Gibson company is run and I need to shut my mouth.

Do you know Henry and go skiing with him? When was the last time you sat in on a board meeting or chatted with Henry about business? Do you know anyone who worked directly for Henry? Just asking cause you may have some personal knowledge how the billion dollar Gibson company is run and I need to shut my mouth.

Henry is much to busy to go skiing anymore. We skied at Big sky when he used to bring his boys to Montana. I have been retired from Gibson for several years now. Do I know anyone who works for Gibson? Most of my best friends do or have. Oh, by the way I do know Henry and have worked with and for him.

I just post here as there are a lot of trolls here that don't really care for the wellbeing of Gibson. This is made obvious by some of the posting here in the last two or so days. I feel the need to try to defend the truth and am not some mindless dupe spouting the Gibson mantra. I don't know what the bond holders will do. I just hope that the company will survive. Henry is doing his very best to keep the company relevant in this dangerous business climate.

You don't need to shut your mouth. You need to stay informed and state your opinions here along with the rest of us. Try not to be distracted by the trolls. We should all remember that this forum is bought and paid for by Gibson and we should try to keep the discussion focused on the problems they are facing and not personal attacks on the guy that has made this company the greatest music company on the planet.

Good luck to you Henry and may you succeed in your endeavors. Only a Gibson is Good Enough.

Archived