Gibson Brands Forums

Touch up...After Fret Bevel SG Faded

motallag

Hi all - I had to bevel the frets of my 2016 SG Faded due to lack of humidity. I barely rubbed off some of the topcoat finish on the side of the fretboard..., which I believe is nitrocellulouse lacquer. Does anyone have good ideas to touch it back up? Can I somehow obtain the exact same product as Gibson? I have seen the product in spray can form...which is a little overkill...Thoughts?

Hi all - I had to bevel the frets of my 2016 SG Faded due to lack of humidity. I barely rubbed off some of the topcoat finish on the side of the fretboard..., which I believe is nitrocellulouse lacquer. Does anyone have good ideas to touch it back up? Can I somehow obtain the exact same product as Gibson? I have seen the product in spray can form...which is a little overkill...Thoughts?

stew mac has these: http://www.stewmac.com/Materials_and_Supplies/Finishing_Supplies/ColorTone_Touch-up_Marker.html

Hey, thanks for replying...do you have any experience with the product? Just curious how effective it is...

had a setup done by a luthier, and he some how managed to put a gouge in the back edge of my les paul from the case hasp.

I was a little taken back since the setup was like 3x more than I've ever paid... but he did take responsibility for it.

After he filled the wood, He used one of these to do the final touch up, and it is not even visible. it's really about how close the color match is.

Archived