Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson USA future

I live in Scotland and have 2 Gibson Guitars which are made in the USA.

Rumours are that Gibson are in financial trouble...is this true?

I hope not as I have been a Gibson fanatic since being a teenager in the early sixties and want Gibson USA products to be made in the USA only.

Ok, update the range by new shape innovation like happened in the sixties with 'Flying V'and 'Firebird'but that is costly and take a long time to be accepted in the market place.

In the meantime Gibsons strengths are its current quality products.To start producing current Gibson products in for example far eastern countries could be a disaster.... I would never buy a Rolls Royce which was not built in Britain with all British engines and mechanicals which is not the case nowadays.

Anyway,my pension will not stretch to a 'Roller' but I could chuck in a few 'bucks' to Gibson finances if that might help if everyone else did too.

It is unthinkable that Gibson USA will close and I hope the rumours I have heard are untrue.

Christopher.

Please view my 1979 ES 175 (Norlin with volute, sunburst front, back and sides which I think is a lovely instrument and player).

there's now about 6... at least, threads about this in the various sub forums.

ppl, are asking all kinds of questions, falling in to all sort so rumors.

gibson isn't going anywhere, they've been around for well over 100 years..

breath people.. just breath...

I can't get the attachment pic to be accepted for sending and don't know what to do.

upload a photo to your facebook account (if you have one),

hen view the full image in facebook right click, and copy the image url.

open or edit a post, click the image icon, and make https http, and it should then work.

Archived