Gibson Brands Forums

Post Your Request Here.

Murph

I appreciate the leaders on this board trying to lighten things up... Well done Murph!

As for me... Trying to lose weight. Maybe when I get to a point where I drop 25 lbs cough...

Finally... tough few weeks for me. Not important to go into it... But Sal needs a Walkabout.

Gator got yer granny ?

Let's see BluesKing 777 do his best Keef cover of cocaine....msp_thumbup.gif

Ha!

Sober? Straight?

Sitting and playing with correct posture in my music room, reading the lyrics off a chord/lyric sheet on my music stand? :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Doesn’t seem right.....

BluesKing777.

Great Song, while you're waiting for Sal, my Band threw this version together at a music festival in 2012, we were thinking of Elvis's version at Madison Square gardens. I have a chuckle each time I hear it. Perhaps you'll have a chuckle too.

Sorry Gibosn, I used the Fender on this one, gave the Gibbo a rest.

My Feeble attempt: https://www.youtube....h?v=oNl_DH3GNtQ

I want a YouTube video of Sal doing "Polk Salad Annie".

I want to hear BluesKing777's tonedexter sound like Willie's Trigger, the most famous Martin ever built.

;)

Might be able to Rig something up, but Tonedexter is just a preamp with super duper computerised eq....not a magic wand or genies bottle..... [biggrin]

With Tonedexter, you have to have Trigger with a pickup to play in front of a mic and it will compare the eq of the mic’d guitar with the eq of the pickup’d guitar.

BluesKing777.

Might be able to Rig something up, but Tonedexter is just a preamp with super duper computerised eq....not a magic wand or genies bottle..... [biggrin]

With Tonedexter, you have to have Trigger with a pickup to play in front of a mic and it will compare the eq of the mic’d guitar with the eq of the pickup’d guitar.

Just razzin' ya, man.

You could never sound that crappy.

Hey Folks - Here's my request, and this is to any of you... play the same song clip (maybe a minute long), on two different guitars that really highlight the nuances of the guitar. Maybe it's not a straight forward ask - but any takers? You've all got selections of nice stuff (I selfishly wouldn't mind hearing). Show off your gear, show off your stuff :)

Hey Folks - Here's my request, and this is to any of you... play the same song clip (maybe a minute long), on two different guitars that really highlight the nuances of the guitar. Maybe it's not a straight forward ask - but any takers? You've all got selections of nice stuff (I selfishly wouldn't mind hearing). Show off your gear, show off your stuff :)

It’s a very good idea that bill

Good idea!

I was intending to show how simple C chord things in country blues need that certain.....bass notes.

Like in my version of Cocaine that I posted yesterday, the bass parts (boom chick) sound ‘right’, well to me they do, on my 37 L-0.......exactly the same playing on a D28 just doesn’t happen with too much sustain and volume on the bass....

And it is not brand dependant - I don’t know if a guitar will ‘work’ in that style until I have ha ha....played it. Specs don’t do it.

AND then if you want to play somewhere, you add pickups and all kinds of gadgets and that needed boom chick bass sound is just ....gone. But not with even a cheapo mic! Sometimes!

So to show these differences, first I have to lug guitars around and I keep them in their cases....and it is really hot and humid here in southern Australia today. I am breaking into a sweat sitting here pecking at the iPad! Hmm, lot of work for 2 people to listen to - someone else in a cold place do it! :rolleyes:

BluesKing777.

Archived