Gibson Brands Forums

For Jinder

JuanCarlosVejar

Wish he would play more and talk less. But from those first few seconds the tone was pretty rough and not particularly pleasant. I was chatting with Jeremy Morton, who's been living in Germany fora couple years and his view on maple Gibson is that it works on the largest bodied guitars (Dreadnought, Jumbo) and not so much on the smaller bodied varieties. I tend to agree with him.

I took at some other vids, like this one, and still dont realy like it, the tone is very present, but to my ears quite cold.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lA7ltaoHdf4

I personally like the cold clarity of the Maple AJ. These vids don’t really do them justice, in person they sound HUGE.

I played one in Glasgow when the limited run of 65 was released and it blew my socks off. So much power and volume but immaculate note separation, right the way across the spectrum-it never got muddy or woolly at the bottom end and just rang like a bell.

Wish he would play more and talk less. But from those first few seconds the tone was pretty rough and not particularly pleasant. I was chatting with Jeremy Morton, who's been living in Germany fora couple years and his view on maple Gibson is that it works on the largest bodied guitars (Dreadnought, Jumbo) and not so much on the smaller bodied varieties. I tend to agree with him.

I took at some other vids, like this one, and still dont realy like it, the tone is very present, but to my ears quite cold.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lA7ltaoHdf4

EA,

My Century of Progress might be the exception if that's the case.

The thing is light as a feather and has wonderful tone!!!

There's just something about it that's magical.

Elvis Costello was right when he said the guitar was a "Marvelous Piece of Work"

I wish I knew what made this guitar so great.

@jinder even though the recording is not the best I can stil tell the guitar is a beast.

JC

EA,

My Century of Progress might be the exception if that's the case.

The thing is light as a feather and has wonderful tone!!!

There's just something about it that's magical.

Elvis Costello was right when he said the guitar was a "Marvelous Piece of Work"

I wish I knew what made this guitar so great.

@jinder even though the recording is not the best I can stil tell the guitar is a beast.

JC

Please let us hear your Elvis Costello Juan

One of my favourite guitars ever and very little examples

Please let us hear your Elvis Costello Juan

One of my favourite guitars ever and very little examples

BBG,

I don't have proper recording gear but I could probably record some basic samples on my phone

And do a full review of the guitar!

I had been thinking about doing it for a while... Thanks for the interest.

JC

Archived