Gibson Brands Forums

Bridge for Samick?

vomer

It's been a long time since I looked for an aftermarket bridge to fit a Samick Sheraton, and it always used to be that there were no direct fit replacements available, as the old chunky odd-looking Samick bridges were also an unusual post-to-post dimension. Does anyone know if there are any replacements available these days? Thanks.

check this out, it might help....

KLUSON USA™ NASHVILLE BRIDGE FOR SAMICK W/STUDS AND INSERTS - GOLD

https://www.wdmusic....old_knbs_g.html

KNBS_G_A.jpg

or this one on ebay for less

https://www.ebay.com/itm/KLUSON-NASHVILLE-BRIDGE-FOR-SAMICK-Epiphone-W-STUDS-72mm-Gold-Epiphone-KNBS-G-/232672094755?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10

Mihcmac, that's fantastic, thanks very much.

Edit to add: The listings on wdmusic.com and wdmusic.co.uk are slightly different. On .com there is no post to post measure given, on .co.uk it says 73mm. I've emailed wdmusic.co.uk to ask. (The ebay listing says 72mm.)

I also saw conversion posts by Kluson for Samick so you can put a US fit bridge on.

It's great to see these, I googled a lot, earlier today but it looked like everyone stopped talking about Samick bridges around about 2010! So someone at Kluson somehow become aware of the problem. And hopefully has fixed it.

I'll post again if I get a definitive answer from wd or Kluson.

Had a reply from wdmusic in the UK,

"Definitely 73mm. This bridge has fitted some other customers Samick Epiphone's but not others so if your one is 72mm then I wouldn't advise buying this unit. We don't have any at 72mm unfortunately."

And a reply from the ebay seller latexandleather who says they are definitely 72mm.

Watch this space...

• 1 year later...

Had a reply from wdmusic in the UK,

"Definitely 73mm. This bridge has fitted some other customers Samick Epiphone's but not others so if your one is 72mm then I wouldn't advise buying this unit. We don't have any at 72mm unfortunately."

And a reply from the ebay seller latexandleather who says they are definitely 72mm.

Watch this space...

eBay has offset studs. Title: kluson usa kocpg set of offset conversion post for samick. Should allow a standard Kluson 74mm bridge to fit on the 72mm Sheraton mount, BUT the item description doesn't specify dimensions.

Archived