Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson's New Online Store

Red 333

Go Gibson! As a recent poster said 'I support American guitar making and Gibson'. I hope this is hugely successful. I will be curious to see if it will be just limited models or the entire line.

I feel like ordering a Hummingbird to celebrate. I just wish they would revamp the pickguard.

This seems pretty tentative. Why would you pay what appears to be MSRP for a guitar you could probably buy from another online dealer for less? Or are they going to try to control online dealer pricing at the same time?

I note that online Gibson dealers seem to post MSRP pricing (just checked on Wildwood), but it is my understanding that they will all do better if you contact them. Does the same go for the official Gibson website?

Vintage vintage vintage vintage vintage and vintage. So I guess I won't be buying from this store. On pick guards...I'll never understand why a pressed out pattern on a piece of plastic laid out on an otherwise beautiful piece of wood appeals to anyone, but OK. Same with cartoony bridges. Gibson might be going the way of it's name and reputation outrunning it's quality. It just might be my head cold making me cranky, but even the ES 330's are looking clunky. I was looking for a simple, playable hollow bod to have around, so I made my first ever new electric guitar purchase. Blasphemy, I know. It's the antihistamines and vodka.

http://guildguitars.com/g/t-50-slim/

Vintage vintage vintage vintage vintage and vintage. So I guess I won't be buying from this store. On pick guards...I'll never understand why a pressed out pattern on a piece of plastic laid out on an otherwise beautiful piece of wood appeals to anyone, but OK. Same with cartoony bridges. Gibson might be going the way of it's name and reputation outrunning it's quality. It just might be my head cold making me cranky, but even the ES 330's are looking clunky. I was looking for a simple, playable hollow bod to have around, so I made my first ever new electric guitar purchase. Blasphemy, I know. It's the antihistamines and vodka.

Thats a a damn fine purchase!

So is this new gibson store supposed to save them? $4,100 for a V isn't going to make me part with my money....

Looks pretty cool!

What do have to blast that P90 through? :mellow:

BluesKing777.

No harm. Everything I own (Gibson)is pre '90 with the exception of '13. Pickguard? I get it (although I think the original hummingbird guard is in an exception). I am the same way about cases. I just can't get excited about the cases but it seems the majority of TVs I see are separated from their cases. I see cardboard Geib cases listed for $199 seriously.

I may be prematurely excited and I am unlikely to get anything new. I am just happy to see them try something. As for stepping on dealers toes? How many are left anyway.

You might ask, how many buyers are there. That seems to be a big problem with a glut of nearly new abandoned guitars by people who buy and then lose interest. MSRP is probably 5 or 6 times the cost of building these guitars so shop around and try to negotiate.

I have an OK little Fender Champ '30' and a formidable 80's era Princeton Chorus. I'm going to work on some subtle jazz chording, BK, not shredding. This will be my 'old guy' guitar.

I have an OK little Fender Champ '30' and a formidable 80's era Princeton Chorus. I'm going to work on some subtle jazz chording, BK, not shredding. This will be my 'old guy' guitar.

I have a Champ, too. Those can be hot-rodded with tube replacements and other upgrades to create a little wolf in sheep's clothing. I use mine with my ES 335.

Another option

1C0F859A-3717-4260-816B-575F1CC4CFF2_zpsgvlnxbgp.jpg

You might ask, how many buyers are there. That seems to be a big problem with a glut of nearly new abandoned guitars by people who buy and then lose interest. MSRP is probably 5 or 6 times the cost of building these guitars so shop around and try to negotiate.

Ha! Sorry Mr Gibson and your store - we are going off in a tangent....

I bought a Mesa Boogie .22 in about 1988 ?, and this is basically supposed to be Randall Smith's hot rod version of an early Princeton.... It said it was 22 watts but it was more like an ear blistering 60.... [biggrin] ...just loud enough to get the Tele over a blues drummer in a combo! Way lighter than the Super 180 or the 100 watt Marshall!

So I have not touched it since I bought my P90 loaded Gibby ES125 a few years back - I bought a Pod thing at the time and you can play with headphones instead of waking the suburb. So all of the above gathering dust...

Point of this - I plugged the Mesa in the other week to try something and the master volume pot has given it up. I can't believe it - after literally being thrown all over the town and country with barely a hitch, it gives up just sitting there? [thumbdn] Must be from loneliness?

So we look up the problem on the internet and here we find this helpful chap:

Oh, forgot my photo - '54 ES125:

b9Mhr39h.jpg

BluesKing777.

I have an OK little Fender Champ '30' and a formidable 80's era Princeton Chorus.

Glad to see you got your ES-125T in Guild clothing!

As for the Princeton Chorus, I'm a big fan of Fender's red-knob era amps. Both tube & SS models deliver a great clean tone. I've got quite a few different examples, and they were all made close by in Lake Oswego, Oregon. Too bad that factory eventually gave way to a counterpart in Mexico.

Anyway, congrats & have fun with that new electric!

Nice batch of ES's boys. I couldn't swing the vintage prices this time (did I just say that?). I must be slowing down. Won't be buying any more guitars...again.

The T50 is only 5 pounds to hang off my shoulder. What a relief!

Nice batch of ES's boys. I couldn't swing the vintage prices this time (did I just say that?). I must be slowing down. Won't be buying any more guitars...again.

The T50 is only 5 pounds to hang off my shoulder. What a relief!

I bought a Godin semi copy with a P90, sounded ok, played ok......had no smell and I can’t say that was the reason it was traded (with other cheapos) towards my old Lowden with TE’s sig.......

Now, the 125......smells like a cigar case, has the chunky 50s neck and fingerpicks like a LG! And the strings were made in about 1952 and a half.....

BluesKing777.

I like the new Store. Some of those straps are really nice.

Gibson needed a bigger footprint, and this does it. The Epiphone Store has Bluegrass instruments as well and I bet it makes more money than the Gibson Store.

It'll grow as time goes on.

Nice job Henry.

Archived