Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Midtown

Brl312

Thanks for the reply’s guys. As for strings I use 9’s but may try 10’s when I change strings. I also pick up a mint PV Classic 30 in black with FS tomorrow. I’m excited to hear my Midtown screaming though the Classic 30 tomorrow night. This has been my week!

Thanks for the reply’s guys. As for strings I use 9’s but may try 10’s when I change strings. I also pick up a mint PV Classic 30 in black with FS tomorrow. I’m excited to hear my Midtown screaming though the Classic 30 tomorrow night. This has been my week!

My current recommendation is hybrid strings. I really like the Ernie Ball hybrid slinkies. They are 9s on the high strings and 10s on the bass strings.. Gives you a nice combo of both for rhythm work and lead playing.

Crazy, that's my exact rig too. Classic 30's are great amps (the USA built models of course!). I got my Midtown on clearance in 15' from AMS for 900 bucks and no robot tuners. No way I could let that slip past me. Go back and search the threads here but someone on had a custom scratch plate made for their midtown and it looks awesome. Of course they look equally as awesome without a scratch plate too!

Mine came with Grover tuners, it has the Custom style headstock with binding top to bottom, and a black pick guard. The only issue I’m having is the input jack nut keeps getting lose. I’ve had many high end and mid end guitars over the past 56 yrs and this is my all time favorite(this week anyway). Thx for replying.

I would love to add pic but I cant figure out how. So bite me mate!

Lol..

Well it is a bit of an official unofficial rule on here.. If someone has a new guitar day (NGD) we NEED to see pics :)

Go to https://imgur.com/ upload to there and once done use the BB Code link it gives you and copy that directly in to your post.

Lol..

Well it is a bit of an official unofficial rule on here.. If someone has a new guitar day (NGD) we NEED to see pics :)

Go to https://imgur.com/ upload to there and once done use the BB Code link it gives you and copy that directly in to your post.

[/quote

I hope this shows my NGD.

https://imgur.com/user/BillyRay62

Ohh very nice... Here. Let me embed it for you [thumbup] Happy playing

6fBZN7R.jpg

I feel I got a very fair deal, it’s just awesome. I love the thin, flat body. The PU’s are amazing playing though my PV Classic 30. I’ve had so many guitars though out my 56 yrs but this for now is my favorite. As for the Richlite fretboard I’m good with it. I really can’t tell any difference from rosewood, ebony or maple while playing. It’s just an all around good guitar. IMHO.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived