Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Custom Ordering

shrivie65

I have decided to get a custom built late this year or beginning of next year. I have contacted Gibson Custom shop and then a dealer which is Guitar Center because they are the only dealer around and they are almost 2 hours away. I spoke with the guy at the store and he said there are a ton of options for the one I want but didn't say anymore. So my question is to anyone that has ordered before is, are there any kind of ordering options/lists Gibson provides like colors, finishes, neck types, binding, and so one that they provide? This is my first custom build and is new to me. Thanks everyone.

My approach would be to send a detailed email to your Guitar Centre contact outlining your requirements. I would ask him to liaise with Gibson and check out whether your listing is possible and then get back to you with the results. You can take it from there.

I would first really think through want I want and take my time about it before committing anything to paper / email.

what is there in your thoughts for a custom order, that ins't already available off the self?

also if you are looking for a real good online store, hook up with Sweetwater. They are just about the best going these days.

Guest Farnsbarns

you really think its a good time to be ordering a Guitar?

Of course. Gibson Guitars is going nowhere. Henry may be forced out, the brand may be sold, but the brand itself has to be worth best part of a billion. No receiver or administrator is going to bin the brand and therefore there's no reason to bin the operation which, by itself, is apparently very profitable.

• 2 months later...

I think I'm like most other guys. I wouldn't order when you already have so many options available on the market. And I'd think you'd be paying full retail.

Well, that depends what you want. There are lots of configurations that may be desirable that are not available as standard offerings. As for the price you may be surprised.

If I were ordering a M2M, I would use a dealer that does a lot of business with the Custom Shop. I would not use Guitar Center. I've been through this twice and it's a slow process. You'll need a good dealer and salesperson to get you through it.

I think Gibson recommends places like Wildwood, Music Zoo and Chicago Music Exchange.

• 1 month later...

Archived