Gibson Brands Forums

2017 Les Paul Classic GT - Center seam visible

Ianckyn

Hi,

I recently bought a Gibson Les Paul Classic 2017T Gold Top, under certain angles and certain lights, I can see the junction between the two pieces of maple through the gold painting. Has anyone ever noticed this phenomenon on modern model ? Is it a default ?

Thanks,

Hi,

I recently bought a Gibson Les Paul Classic 2017T Gold Top, under certain angles and certain lights, I can see the junction between the two pieces of maple through the gold painting. Has anyone ever noticed this phenomenon on modern model ? Is it a default ?

Thanks,

Post a picture please .

Better than an off-center seam? Who knows...

LPR7GHAGCCHNH1-Finish-Shot.jpg

Well, that started off it's life, as a Gold Top, so left alone, the seem would never show. For awhile, you could purchase

a Repro model, for what 10 Grand?! Probably 20, now. [tongue][unsure] And, it still wouldn't make you George Harrison,

or Eric Clapton. [flapper][biggrin]:rolleyes:

CB

...That's what they make sandpaper for. [crying]

I dare to speculate that it has something to do with the wood not being as dry enough to keep its perfect shape after processing. I had this impression on various 2016 and up models, which all had "seams" and also were quite shock-sensitive in the way that you'd get dets very quickly when bumping the guitar somewhere. So it feels as if the wood is quite "soft". My 2017 Tribute is extremely sensitive in that way [glare]

Archived