Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Epiphone Les Paul

I got this guitar from a friend but I dont know anything about it. I know it's a Epiphone Les Paul but nothing else. It also has a metal plaque in the back with a carved serial number. Is there anything you guys can tell me about it? I would be very grateful. God bless!post-90728-074634200 1520447411_thumb.jpgpost-90728-084380100 1520447390_thumb.jpg

Does the metal plaque with the serial number in the back of my guitar mean anything? Is it normal to have that?

It's holding the neck on. Pretty normal for a guitar which doesn't have a set neck or through-neck. The serial no is specific to your instrument.

My first electric guitar was an LP100 which I got back in 1996 when I was 12 (I had been playing classical guitar off and on from age 7). I still own it and I still love it. I played many gigs with it when I was younger and it never let me down. It has great action, playability and the tone is pretty good too. It's also a nice instrument because it's much lighter than a standard LP. I actually stopped using it when I was about 21 as it means a lot to me for sentimental reasons as my parents bought it for me and I have a lot of fond memories of playing it, so now it stays home and I play it sometimes to remind me of being a kid and how much passion for music I had back then (I still do, but that feeling you have when your a kid changes over time).

My first electric guitar was an LP100 which I got back in 1996 when I was 12 (I had been playing classical guitar off and on from age 7). I still own it and I still love it. I played many gigs with it when I was younger and it never let me down. It has great action, playability and the tone is pretty good too. It's also a nice instrument because it's much lighter than a standard LP. I actually stopped using it when I was about 21 as it means a lot to me for sentimental reasons as my parents bought it for me and I have a lot of fond memories of playing it, so now it stays home and I play it sometimes to remind me of being a kid and how much passion for music I had back then (I still do, but that feeling you have when your a kid changes over time).

Hey Cody! I'm a begginer, started playing when I was 16. I'm 17 now and still have a lot to learn and practice. Glad to hear this guitar brings you fond memories. Hope your next generations guard it with much love and care and have the oportunity to live similar memories themselves. Thanks a lot for sharing! God bless!

Jorge, from Portugal.

Archived