Gibson Brands Forums: Script to blink LED to the beat? - Gibson Brands Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Script to blink LED to the beat? Phase/bar syncing and other things

#1 User is offline   Scoox 

• Group: All Access

Posted 08 March 2018 - 03:58 AM

I'm trying to script an LED that blinks to the beat. Ideally I want the LED to be ON during the first 1/4 of each beat, and off during the remaining 3/4 of the beat. Something like this:

Attached File  001.png (25.86K)
Number of downloads: 7

The closest I can get to this is using the BEAT_ID_A/B/C/D command, the result looks like this:

Attached File  002.png (25.58K)
Number of downloads: 11

If there is currently no way to do this, would it be possible to add the following commands?:

BAR_POSITION_A // set does nothing, get returns bar position value (0...1 scale)
BAR_POSITION_B
BAR_POSITION_C
BAR_POSITION_D

I've written "set does nothing" but in my ideal world set could be used to forcibly adjust bar position.

To make things simpler (perhaps), this could be merged with BEAT_ID_A/B/C/D, and instead of returning values [1, 2, 3, 4], return a value between 0.0 and 1.0, then Beat 1 = 0.0, Beat 2 = 0.25, Beat 3 = 0.5 and Beat 4 = 0.75, plus all the values in between.

Furthermore, it would be even nicer if the "set" action could be used to force the track to jump to a specific bar position, which would allow users to bar-align two tracks. At the moment this is the one thing I'm missing most from Traktor, everything else is pretty damn good.

On a slightly related note, what is the difference between SEEK_A and TRACK_POSITION_A?

Thanks!

This post has been edited by Scoox: 08 March 2018 - 04:07 AM

#2 User is offline   Luis Serrano 

• Group: Gibson Pro Audio

Posted 09 March 2018 - 11:27 AM

I have been thinking about this but I cannot find and easy way to do it with DD's current version. I will add it to the TODO list.

#3 User is offline   Luis Serrano 

• Group: Gibson Pro Audio

Posted 09 March 2018 - 11:29 AM

View PostScoox, on 08 March 2018 - 03:58 AM, said:

On a slightly related note, what is the difference between SEEK_A and TRACK_POSITION_A?

In terms of the "get" function they are the same. In the past there was a difference.

#4 User is offline   Scoox 

• Group: All Access

Posted 09 March 2018 - 11:44 AM

Cool, thanks [thumbup] Regarding the BAR_POSITION_A/B/C/D, set() does nothing and get() returns the position within the bar, would that be easier to do?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users