Gibson Brands Forums

Long Time, no type…...

onewilyfool

Hello one and all!!

I've been away for a while and just wanted to drop in and wish everyone well! Hoping you all are playing like mad fiends on your beloved Gibsons. I am down to 3 Gibbys.Gibson L-20 (1994 Centennial year), 1923 L-2, and a Pure Voice J-45. A little concerned on the future of the Gibson Corporation though. Glad I have what I have. How is the quality of stuff coming out of Bozeman these days? Keep plucking'!

Hello OWF - Nice to know you're still out there!

So cool that you still have that '23 L-2.

Re Bozeman quality, last month I picked up a NOS 2015 J-50 online, and it's absolutely first rate. Unfortunately, these days Guitar Center is the only place in this state where you can play a new Gibson, so re the last couple of years of production, I've only played a very limited sample.

Hey Wily, nice to see you stopping by. Yep, I'm playing my 5 Gibby acoustics - I picked up a coupla Gibby 12 strings: a Songwriter and a J-100 Xtra.

Yes, the Gibson financial reporting has produced some busy threads. In case you didn't catch one of the threads started yesterday, Fuller's dropped Gibson. From what little of Gibson's new output I get to see lately, the quality seems to be pretty even since Ren's departure.

I hope to see you hang out here for a while. . B)

Hey Wily!! Great to hear from you!

Sounds like you’re down to three gems there. I’m impressed with the post-Ren era of Gibson acoustics personally, although some I’m sure would argue otherwise. The business side of the company is another question entirely...

Gibson wise, I’m at 6...2015 SJ200, 2011 Dove, 2005 Custom Shop Hummingbird 12 string, 1990 Hummingbird 6 string, 1967 J45 and a 2016 Ltd Maple AJ (waiting for me to collect from Wildwood in June and the suspense is KILLING me!). I’m happy with my brood but would like to add a Maple Nick Lucas in there...in my dreams.

Hello one and all!!

I've been away for a while and just wanted to drop in and wish everyone well! Hoping you all are playing like mad fiends on your beloved Gibsons. I am down to 3 Gibbys.Gibson L-20 (1994 Centennial year), 1923 L-2, and a Pure Voice J-45. A little concerned on the future of the Gibson Corporation though. Glad I have what I have. How is the quality of stuff coming out of Bozeman these days? Keep plucking'!

Hi OWF!

Are u keeping well?

BluesKing777.

Hello OWF-

Given recent threads on the state of capital G, someone must be shining the emergency G spotlight calling all to a harmonic convergence of sorts; MissouriPicker was also one of us who checked in yesterday on JCV’s Sustain thread.

Hope all’s been well- ‘missed your take on some of well-known tunes, and missed the laughs.

Given recent threads on the state of capital G, someone must be shining the emergency G spotlight calling all to a harmonic convergence of sorts

Get yer wagons in a circle and put up the flags,,,the OneWilyfool has returnedmsp_thumbup.gif

I have missed you like all get out Mr. Fool. This place just ain't the same without ya'

I am still holding pat although I did let go of my '46 LG-2 but quickly replaced it with a CF-100.

And remember, do not even think of parting with that Washburn before letting me know.

Archived