Gibson Brands Forums

A heart needs a home -Richard Thompson cover

flatbaroque

Thanks very much Red, Keith and Phil.Too kind!

FZ..Mr Dynamo Hum.That's a great concert you've got coming up.As much as I like Jason Isbell(and I do-saw him in Sydney) -It's slightly bemusing that Richard Thompson is "opening' for him.But I guess that's the music biz.The act that can sell the most tickets is the headliner.

Absolutely lovely. Thank you so much for sharing this with us,

Nicely done. I love that song and have been hung up on Thompson since he was with Fairport Convention. First time I saw him was at the Fillmore in 1970. He may just be the best guitar player on the face of the planet.

Agreed on all counts. As fabulous as his acoustic work is, and it is, indeed, fabulous, his electric playing slays me even more. A stunning talent as a guitar player and song writer.

I'm late watching your video (busy making my own lame version of acoustic music [biggrin] ). You really show how it is done. Simply wonderful! I've said it before, and I`ll say it again, you should have some of your own songs and favorite covers professionally recorded. Just you and the guitar, in pristine sound quality, no effects, no bells, no whistles. Just you and the guitar. I would pay to get a piece of a recording like that.

Lars

Archived