Gibson Brands Forums

Bob's Nick

JuanCarlosVejar

Folks,

Here's a question for some of the Dylan fans on the forum.

Does anyone know what ever became of his Nick Lucas guitar?

I have never seen any kind of report about it being stolen or missing

It's known that he is a very private person and there isn't really any photos or records of Bob's (current) guitar collection .But I still think is is worth asking if anyone might have read an article or a magazine story related to the fate of that beautiful guitar

JC

What year or phase are we in ?

I visited a friend 3 days ago and he had the full Basements Tapes CD box. 4 discs (if not more), 2 books etc.

The great pics of the Larson Bros Prairie State made me wonder 'bout the same thing.

There's particularly 1 shot where Dylan really looks at it - but where on earth is it now. . ?

If in a case under the big brass bed, isn't it time to re-feature it, Bob. .

Btw. there was also a photo showing Robertson behind a LG-something, , , Epiphone version.

Aha, , , as mentioned a couple of years ago, The Band's acoustics are more or less terrain vague for me.

Jakob Dylan has it (or had it - he may have returned it to his father). Joe Henry talks about the guitar in our Fretboard Journal podcast #56 (starting around 9:30).

I believe it was Paul Hostetter who was familiar with the guitar before Dylan bought it who recounted the story I had always heard. If I recall, he stated the guitar was not with Dylan in '66 because it was being repaired or something I guess Dylan having treated it none too gently.

Jakob Dylan has it (or had it - he may have returned it to his father). Joe Henry talks about the guitar in our Fretboard Journal podcast #56 (starting around 9:30).

I have heard both the story that its whereabouts are unknown and then a while back I heard the Joe Henry story as well. Henry is a major guitar geek and would know what he saw at Jakob's house. Unless he's just messing with everyone! 😉

Here is a link to a piece of Bob Dylan trivia you fans might just have missed, http://www.highway61revisited.com/pdfs/Worldmag_FULL.pdf. This is one very interesting thread if you are a Dylan fan. I have been able to spend about a day following your links, and the links inside those links delving into the history I never knew about the man. Technology is a wonderful tool we are blessed to be able to enjoy.

... Henry is a major guitar geek and would know what he saw at Jakob's house. Unless he's just messing with everyone! ��

Joe is a friend. I've spoken with him about the guitar.

Joe playing my 1943 LG-1 (with Bill Frisell in the background):

14390655_10206995742385341_4719734791990891338_n.jpg?oh=d7eca6efb7bf2aa83ba1f7cf276f25e0&oe=5B437959

??? No disrespect to Henry. This was a comment on the financial structure of Spotify. The internet still doesn't get nuance.

Sorry for over reacting! And for misreading your comment. As my kids would say, my bad.

Archived