Gibson Brands Forums

Me Myself and I

jacobson1

Welcome to the Forum Jacobson, msp_thumbup.gif So what's your favorite instrument? Do you own any Gibsons? Very nice to have another Female join here and give your thoughts and conversations here. For one thing we share the same month for Birthdays, April 22 I'll turn 65 and that's that's right around the corner. I started playing guitar at 13 as my cousin who played with the Rumbles early on gave me lessons.

Welcome to the Forum Jacobson, msp_thumbup.gif So what's your favorite instrument? Do you own any Gibsons? Very nice to have another Female join here and give your thoughts and conversations here. For one thing we share the same month for Birthdays, April 22 I'll turn 65 and that's that's right around the corner. I started playing guitar at 13 as my cousin who played with the Rumbles early on gave me lessons.

Hi, actually my brother will send me one, his been collecting guitars since we where in our teen age years. I am not a good player of instrument but would love to learn. I think it was this one that I'll be receiving, Gibson 2017 SG Fusion Electric Guitar.. What can you say? Is this good? Will this fit a new player?

Hi and welcome!

...I think it was this one that I'll be receiving, Gibson 2017 SG Fusion Electric Guitar.. What can you say? Is this good? Will this fit a new player?...

I've no idea where the main picture in the link comes from but this is the official Gibson SG Fusion link (below) and it's a very good guitar for a someone relatively new to the instrument. It's going to be well made, has simple controls, will be a comfortable instrument to play and should be strongly built...

There's also no reason why a good player couldn't make it sound superb either!

http://www.gibson.co...n-S-Series.aspx

Pip.

1521460745[/url]' post='1924628']

Hi, actually my brother will send me one, his been collecting guitars since we where in our teen age years. I am not a good player of instrument but would love to learn. I think it was this one that I'll be receiving, Gibson 2017 SG Fusion Electric Guitar.. What can you say? Is this good? Will this fit a new player?

Pip said it all, very nice guitar to learn on and beyond. Plus you have a brother who can teach you to play. As long as I've been playing, I'm still signed up to Guitar Tricks on the Network. It's a wonderful sight and takes you through the beginning to advanced stages of playing and has tons of teachers and thousands of songs to learn. I love that they ask you what type of songs do you prefer? I can tell them, Blues, Surf, Rock N Roll of the 60's and 70's and so on and they put those in your line up. You can choose, Classic, Country, Folk or whatever you like. They go over picking styles and struming and about anything you can imagine. Plus this is a great Forum too and lots of very knowledgeable folks from all over who love to help anyway they can so if you have any questions just ask and someone will always respond. Best of luck learning on your SG and have fun. That's the main thing! Playing the guitar seems frustrating at first but with lots of practice it does come to you and that's the rewarding part.

• 1 month later...

Pip said it all, very nice guitar to learn on and beyond. Plus you have a brother who can teach you to play. As long as I've been playing, I'm still signed up to Guitar Tricks on the Network. It's a wonderful sight and takes you through the beginning to advanced stages of playing and has tons of teachers and thousands of songs to learn. I love that they ask you what type of songs do you prefer? I can tell them, Blues, Surf, Rock N Roll of the 60's and 70's and so on and they put those in your line up. You can choose, Classic, Country, Folk or whatever you like. They go over picking styles and struming and about anything you can imagine. Plus this is a great Forum too and lots of very knowledgeable folks from all over who love to help anyway they can so if you have any questions just ask and someone will always respond. Best of luck learning on your SG and have fun. That's the main thing! Playing the guitar seems frustrating at first but with lots of practice it does come to you and that's the rewarding part.

Sorry for the delays, I haven't tried playing it yet :)...

And I am not even sure if I'll try it, I'm just too busy right now.

Archived