Gibson Brands Forums

2013 Signature T - Trans Ebony FS/T

cdeelstra

Hello,

I have a 2013 Gibson Les Paul Signature T, in Trans Ebony, that I'm looking to sell or possibly trade for similar USA LP's. I removed the 3-way switch plastic and the pickguard. I have all new in a bag and can put back on if requested (they come with the guitar regardless). Also installed are strap locks. Again, original strap buttons in the bag can be reinstalled etc. Any takers? Thank you in advance. It has the typical pick scratches from light use. That's about it. I'm in New Jersey btw...

2013lpst.jpg

Looks naked without the pokerchip. Everyone adds that to to new models that come without it.

Hello,

I have a 2013 Gibson Les Paul Signature T, in Trans Ebony, that I'm looking to sell or possibly trade for similar USA LP's. I removed the 3-way switch plastic and the pickguard. I have all new in a bag and can put back on if requested (they come with the guitar regardless). Also installed are strap locks. Again, original strap buttons in the bag can be reinstalled etc. Any takers? Thank you in advance. It has the typical pick scratches from light use. That's about it. I'm in New Jersey btw...

2013lpst.jpg

Looks naked without the pokerchip. Everyone adds that to to new models that come without it.

I agree I like it both ways. Thought about a black one as a replacement to change up the look a tiny bit. I've always removed the pickguard on my Les Paul's because I prefer the look unless black on black.

What is your issue with that one that you want a similar LP to take its place of, and what would be similar to you. Are you just here to sell a guitar?

I wanted a Classic with a rosewood fretboard but they did not make one in 2013, so I went with the Signature T. It's a beautiful guitar. The reason I want to trade is just that. If nobody is interested I will just keep and upgrade with orange drop caps, Seymour Duncans (slash or pearly gates) with accompanying pots. Upon researching my upgrade ideas and speaking with other players I came to the thought that it wouldn't serve the guitar right to change it all up. That being said, I wanted to see if it could find a home where it is appreciated more for what it is than what can be done with it.

I've always been a Gibson fan and buyer for the better part of 20 years. I never participated in forums until now. I signed up to ask questions about changing pickups on a guitar with coil splitting such as this Signature T before deciding to test the waters on a trade. That's pretty much it.

All work, including removing the plastics and setup has been done by the renowned Russo Music in Asbury Park New Jersey. Never smoked around, otherwise not molested.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all for the support, and nice words about my guitar. Quick question, if I were to upgrade pickups should I get the new version with the connectors or just pick up a set with the wires cut for $60 less? Looking at slash signature pickups. I don't know how to proceed due to coil splitting on this guitar. Should I just switch out the pots to 500k's and add orange drop cap and be done? Or keep as is. Suggestions are welcome, thank you.

Archived