Gibson Brands Forums

Mass St Music Pickup Comparison

BluesKing777

Mass Street Music is where we went to have a pickup installed in my wife's 1960 J-200 so she got to play that loaded guitar. Anyone who has never been there owes it to themselves to visit. Their selection is really good, Jim Baggett is as nice a guy as you would ever want to meet and he and his staff knows their stuff.

I LOVE Mass St Music! It's not my local mom and pop place, but it's worth the 45 min drive though. They've done some great work for me and I purchased my Taylor from that store. Love that place!

If you live that close to Mass Street, you should also check out the Kansas Guitar Exchange in Topeka. They will either be 20 minutes closer or further depending on whether you coming in from the east or the west. Just a little hole in the wall shop and they do not stock much new stuff. But when it comes to used and vintage guitars they are one of the best places I have ever seen. You just need to be patient as the selection tends to be on the eclectic side. But if you want a Lemon Grove Taylor, the occasional Collings or Bourgeois, or a 1950s Gibson or Martin and you stop by on the right day they are just what the doctor ordered

Archived