Gibson Brands Forums

Retired Military. Want to learn

SIFIRID

Bought a used perfect shape LP Custom 1981. Looked it all over, checked the serial number. Want to learn very little experience. Disabled Vet. Look forward to learning from all of you. I have a couple of questions. Never been refretted and no work done. I want to know how you can tell if I have a bone nut or replaced one. Mine doesn’t have any finish at either end of it. Looks like bone/plastic. Who knows. Also the original case came. Is it possible to get a real replacement decal that has come off the case.

Thank you guys and ladies!

Welcome aboard SIFIRID. USMC vet here. I wish I could give you a definitive answer about the nut on your guitar. If you post a close-up pic of it, there are many very knowledgable people here that might be able to help you out.

Welcome to the Forum SIFIRID and congratulations on your Custom LP. Pictures do help folks see what you have and can respond better. Most here have an account with Emgur and download there and copy, then paste the content here. Have fun learning and playing. msp_thumbup.gif

Archived