Gibson Brands Forums

Angry Eyes

MorrisrownSal

Wow - that was great, ...inspired me to learn it, really good stuff! A couple questions - why drop D capo at 2... not the same as just playing in E? Has anyone seen a full video of Sal - it's gotta be him - but any proof it's not a stunt double (humor)?

Really liked the sound of the guitar, especially in the intro.

My first exposure to Kenny Loggins was a song with Stevie Knicks that hit the AM Radio in the seventies - Whenever I Call You Friend. Nice song, but AM pop. I bought the album, and after dug deeper. Angry Eyes has an intense jam for 5 minutes in the middle... sit back, light up!

Thanks for listening.

Great stuff, Sal! I really like that double tracked vocal. Very subtle, but effective. If I could sing in tune, I would do that too, but no need to have double trouble, haha [biggrin]

Lars

P.S. that Hummingbird sound like it should!!

Yes, Yes, such a great song - and a serious tune to pick up. Takes focus and character to get that position across well.

You manage, Sal, , , and the Bird does too. What a pleasure to hear it with broken in steel. The wood speaks for itself - and it tells the truth.

Here's the version I grew op on. It's from the On Stage double live-album, which is a terrific record.

In fact those 2 Winterland gigs 45 years ago is what I would choose to attend if someone provided a time-machine.

1973 ~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsXkAnEgIgU

And those who believe we are sentimental old-schoolers stuck in time like dated clowns frozen in a circus spot - so sorry, you are wrong

! MUSIC !

okay, let's take that one later. .

Archived